Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

problemo...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pbass1, May 11, 2005.

1. pbass1

pbass1

Dec 8, 2004
    i have a small problem that effects my main metal bass....some how, the little prong things that hold the knob on the guitar that is connected to the pot fell off...so i cant use my pickup now....how do i fix this???? do i have to replace the pot??(its an ibanez)

**by the way....i got my bass extender keys....wow i love em already :bassist:

any input is good...thaks in advance

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    The prongs on your pot fell off? Was it one or both prongs? Or are they both there and your knob fell off? If one is still there, it's repairable, if two are there it's even more repairable. If there are none, you can either grip onto what's there with something or replace the pot depending on the model.

How about some pics of your bass with the Hipshots?

3. pbass1

pbass1

Dec 8, 2004
    eh all of the prongs are gone....and the stubs are to small to grab.... :crying: so i jerry rigged it....i simply took the washer off, and put on the inside of a knob...and screwed it on :D so it works ok now!

i got 2 basses with the hipshots and ill try to get pics some time maybe....my cam isnt loaded....

also how do i post the pic in the thread??

typlons...you seem to enjoy replying to my posts....your so helpful, thanks.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Posting a pic in the thread is easy. Just while replying, scroll down and find the link that says "add attachments" and click it, upload your pictures (max of 600x600 px) and post your reply. Or email them to tim@tplyons.com and I'll host them for ya. That simple.

And you're welcome, I just try to be as helpful as I can. I can't play worth a crap, but I can answer questions with the best of them.

5. pbass1

pbass1

Dec 8, 2004
    thanks....i still dont have my digital cam up so i cant now but i shall asap....i really love these hipshots theyre so handy...i even got my dad gassin to get one for his warwick corvette :rolleyes:

how do you become a mod?
    i've always wondered that....

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yeah, them Hipshots are addictive. I have one on every bass but my fretless, and now am itching to get one for my acoustic guitar and have Hipshot design one for an upright bass :p

As far as becoming a mod, it's mostly expressing interest in a particular forum, and being around when there's an opening. I'm a mod two places, Effects which I joined when they needed help, I told Paul I'd do it, then when Paul decided to start the feedback forum, my brainchild, I naturally was first pick for mod. It's mostly a thankless job, but it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

7. pbass1

pbass1

Dec 8, 2004
    since its so thankless.....thanks for bein around to move around odd posts....?

8. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    LOL Thanks