problems with $900 Ibanez (HELP!!!!!!)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Alyosha09, Aug 16, 2000.

1. Alyosha09

Jun 16, 2000
    I have just recently bought a Ibanez SRGR1015, and there is a problem. When its plugged into the amp, I can hear a slight rumbling sound in the backround. As the battery wears down (Im talking like 30 min.!) the rumbling gets louder, and even whines and pops start. I take out the battery, and put it to my toungue, and it is full of energy! I just dont get it! I want to take it into a shop, but if its something I am doing wrong, then I dont want to spend the money (If I had any!) haha, well Ill be thankful for anyone who has a comment or resolution!

2. Alyosha09

Jun 16, 2000
    This should not be happening to a $901.00 instrument!
    Im mad
  3. frost13

Apr 12, 2000
    That should not be happening with ANY instrument. It sounds like a problem in the active circuit and I would definitely take it in and get it checked out.
  4. omarbass

Aug 14, 2000
    hey, alyosha.
    you know, i bought an ibanez bass not too long ago and I had the same stupid problem! What ended up happening was that the wiring in the bass was very poor. You know those two little cables that go into the battery plug, have those checked out, my bass had the same problem, and it turned out that one of those cables was faulty. Also, try buying a lithium ion battery, those last much much longer than regular nickel cadium(duracell). Also, try not leaving your bass plugged in when you're not using, that drains the hell out of the battery! Good luck. Let me know how it turns out.
  5. omarbass

Aug 14, 2000
    just remembered one more thing, try messing around with the positioning of the battery, for some reason when I place my battery a certain way, I get all kinds of problems, put if I face it another way, they're gone! It sounds stupid, but it works on my bass. I know you shouldnt be having those problems, but hey, what can you do now that you have beside selling it?
  6. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    It's definetly the Active circuitry in the bass, that sounds like a short in the wiring.
    Also... Quoting omarbass :"try buying a lithium ion battery, those last much much longer than regular nickel cadium(duracell)."

Li-Ion Is a rechargeable type of battery, the standard is Lithium.
    Duracel is NOT nickel-cadmium , it is Alkaline.
    Nickel-cadmium is a rechargeable type of battery.
    Regular 9V are Alkaline, cheaper ones ar Carbon-Zinc.
    (Hehe Just to be a little pain in the a$$)
  7. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I wouldn't bother with anything more than a good alkaline battery. If a fresh one drains that fast, your bass has a serious problem. My batteries typically last close to one year. Unplug the -instrument cable- -from the bass- when not in use.
  8. Alyosha09

Jun 16, 2000
    thanks a lot guys. Tomarrow (later today rather)Im gonna take it into the local shop! is the best!, and by the way OMARBASS, I tried it, and it worked for about 8 seconds, then it started again. Well, Also, can I make the place I bought it from pay for the repair? Its under the waranty, so I should call them. ok, well thanks everyone!