1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Problems with a Traynor 300T

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Big Benner, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Hi all,

I have a roughly 3yr old Traynor 300T (300watt, 2x8" combo) and I am getting a weird buzzing sound when I play certain notes (G & D on the A string for instance) and certain frequencies that really sound like the speakers are buzzing.

I have 100% confirmed that this is not the speakers, nor the bass, batteries, cables, preamp, etc.

The way I did this was:

- disconnecting the internal speakers and connecting a seperate Traynor 2x10" NEO - same buzzing.
    - different bass & cable through the Traynor 2x10 NEO - same buzzing.
    - plugging in my Active MM SR5 with a fresh battery and new cable into the FX return - same buzzing.

Finally I rented a GK 1001 RB and used the same bass, cable and 2x10 NEO on the same spot on the floor and pure bliss - no buzzing! It sounded clean, clear and fantastic!

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions as the repair dept. at my local music shop (Long & McQuade in Vancouver, BC) couldn't find anything wrong.

Please & thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Mr. Foxen

Mr. Foxen Commercial User

Jul 24, 2009
    Bristol, UK
    Amp tinkerer at Ampstack
    Bust joint that is connecting intermittently. I'd go through and resolder all the board connections, like jacks and pots. Then try again.

3. Does the limiter have any effect on it?

4. Thanks for the replys gentlemen.

B-string, no the limiter has no effect on it whether the limiter button is pushed in or out.

I've spoken to another music store and I'm going to bring it in.