Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Problems with bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by mkress77, Mar 7, 2005.

1. mkress77

mkress77

Feb 27, 2005
    So I was setting up my fretless jazz bass the other day, I got it playing really good. I went to bed, next morning the thing was out of tune. It took like 10 min to get it tuned right. Then the E string started buzzing again and the intonation was off. Next day I noticed that the saddle was lower. So I raised the saddle and the next day it was low again.

Has anyone had this problem? I was thinking about putting some light locktight on the screws or maybe some teflon tape.

Also I checked my relief to be about 1mm should I lower it? I would think that would make the buzzing worse. My buzzing is around the 12fret.

Thanks in advance

2. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader"

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    Sounds like maybe the screws are stripped (afterall, they just don't turn by themselves and I doubt you have ghosts in the house). Locktite may cause more problems if you need to adjust in the future with a tiny allen key. take a look at the screws first.