Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Problems with Cakewalk Pro Audio 9

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by ConklinRules, Jul 3, 2002.

1. Hi there !

I use Cakewalk Audio and I would like to offer you samples of my Conklin 9-string. But I get this crappy distortions und buzzings when I play a low string.
    I use a Terratec EWX 24/96 and an AmpegSVT4Pro amp. From the line-out into the soundcard.
    Please help me !

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    What are you using for monitors? If you're using headphones that aren't studio-grade, or your computer speakers, they will distort as they cannont handle the lower frequencies. Try turning down the bass on amp/preamp.

3. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Yeah, how is your 9 string strung? I mean, how low are you trying to go?

I find my puny little monitors have trouble reproducing frequencies even around a low B, but burn it to a disc and throw it in the stereo and it's there.

You might wanna make sure if it's your monitors or you're actually overdriving your equipment.

Alex

4. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    It's a pretty safe bet that most computer speakers can't produce the fundamental frequency of the E string, maybe even the A string. Most of what you're hearing is the overtones when you're that low. A B, F#, or even a C# is out of the question.

5. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Yeah, that's basically what I was implying:)

Alex