Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Problems with Eden WT-400

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RunngDog, Aug 15, 2004.

1. RunngDog

RunngDog

Jan 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    I'm having a problem with my WT-400 that I hope someone can help to diagnose.

The amp had been working fine until I bought a new speaker cabinet. I did some shifting around of my rig, including the WT-400, in setting up the new cab. Now the WT-400 is giving me a distorted tone (especially on higher notes / strings). It also heats up VERY quickly -- withing 5-10 minutes of turning on the amp, the fan is already kicking in and the two phillips-head screws on the top of the head near the ventilation grill get extremely hot. Finally, it doesn't seem to be putting out the same power / output it used to.

The problem is not with the new cab. It is identical to the old one which worked fine -- it's a 4 ohm 1210. I am only using one of the 2 cabs with the head, and I get the same problems here whether I use the old cabinet or the new one.

Any ideas? Would a bad or loose tube cause symptoms like this?

2. Sounds like your preamp tube is giving up.
    How old is your WT400 and do you know when was the last time the preamp tube has been replaced?