1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Problems with G&L

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RedGrange, May 26, 2001.

1. RedGrange

RedGrange Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2000
    Denver, CO
    Lately the neck on my G&L has been fussy. It keeps moving backward. Like clockwork, every 2 weeks I wake up and the string as sitting on top of the neck. Is it suppose to move that much? The neck is also twisting a little bit. I have it getting set-up and looked at by a professional repair man. I'm thinking about sending it back to G&L or getting rid of it somehow.

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I have an '84 G&L L-2000 for almost 10 yrs & I never had problems w/the neck. I had a '95 L-5500 & the neck was warped & G&L replaced w/no questions asked. It might be one of a couple of things.

1-Where you keep the bass.
    -near an open window
    -near an AC vent
    -in a trunk for extended time

2-It might also be a bad neck. If it's still under warranty, G&L will replace the neck.

I wouldn't get rid of the bass unless it's not under warranty & you feel that the cost of a new neck is too much.

Good luck.

3. RedGrange

RedGrange Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2000
    Denver, CO
    The weather here won't make up its mind. If it does it again, I'll contact G&L. I love that bass too much to get rid of it, it did me very well on my last tour. Didn't have a problem with it then.

I just got it back, it required 2 full turns to straighten the neck. Hopefully it will be nicer to me in the future.