Problems with G&L

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RedGrange, May 26, 2001.

1. RedGrange

Jun 11, 2000
    Springfield, IL
    Lately the neck on my G&L has been fussy. It keeps moving backward. Like clockwork, every 2 weeks I wake up and the string as sitting on top of the neck. Is it suppose to move that much? The neck is also twisting a little bit. I have it getting set-up and looked at by a professional repair man. I'm thinking about sending it back to G&L or getting rid of it somehow.
  2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I have an '84 G&L L-2000 for almost 10 yrs & I never had problems w/the neck. I had a '95 L-5500 & the neck was warped & G&L replaced w/no questions asked. It might be one of a couple of things.

1-Where you keep the bass.
    -near an open window
    -near an AC vent
    -in a trunk for extended time

2-It might also be a bad neck. If it's still under warranty, G&L will replace the neck.

I wouldn't get rid of the bass unless it's not under warranty & you feel that the cost of a new neck is too much.

Good luck.
  3. RedGrange

Jun 11, 2000
    Springfield, IL
    The weather here won't make up its mind. If it does it again, I'll contact G&L. I love that bass too much to get rid of it, it did me very well on my last tour. Didn't have a problem with it then.

I just got it back, it required 2 full turns to straighten the neck. Hopefully it will be nicer to me in the future.