1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Problems with Kustom Groove 1200HD Direct Out

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mattpnolan, Apr 29, 2006.

1. mattpnolan

mattpnolan Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
    When I'm playing gigs, the sound person always directs out from my Kustom Groove 1200HD, which is fine, except that I can't tune without it going through their sound system. I have a ME-50B pedal that's run through the effects loop that I use to tune. I can use the pedal to mute the signal so that nothing comes from my rig, but it still goes through my head and to the sound person. If I press mute on the head, then I can't get a signal to tune. Is there a way I can make it so that no signal is sent out when I'm tuning? Thanks.

P.S. Does anyone know where I can get the 1200HD Head Case and about how much they run?
    http://www.kustom.com/amps/bass/groovebass/grooveheadcase.asp

2. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    put the ME-50B between the bass and amp and not in your effects loop.

3. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    There are three solutions that I can see:

1) Create a series of hand signals from you to the soundman - so he will know when to take your signal down at the mixing board, until you're ready to play again.

2) If that isn't feasible, then when you need to tune, see if you can just unplug the XLR direct out from your amp just for a minute or so, so you can tune in silence - IF this would not create any "popping" sounds or signal spikes in the PA system when you plug back in. Do remember to plug back in - every time...

3) Perhaps most feasibly, reconfigure your signal chain so you're plugged into your tuner before your signal even goes to the amp. That way, you can mute the amp and still have signal going to your tuner...

Make sense?

MM

4. mattpnolan

mattpnolan Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
    Yeah that totally makes sense. What is the difference between running the ME-50B between my bass and the amp and through the effects loop? To be honest, I just ran it through the effects loop, because I assumed it sounded better or something, since it was there :smug: