Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Problems with MSN?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Nickthebassist, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Has anyone been having trouble with MSN recently? I can't sign in at all, and it says my computer is to blame, primarely my firewall, but I've checked the settings ans messneger is allowed to access the net....so what's wrong? :confused:

2. walewein

walewein

Jun 13, 2003
    Belgium
    I have troubles too

3. I have decided to download MSN again, see if that helps, probably wont, but it's worth a shot.

4. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Same here, started yesterday evening. Microsoft offered to help in exchange for some personal data :meh:

5. I did the trouble shoot thing, but it didn't work very well, it just told me my fire wall was to blame, but all the settings are right. I managed to sing in once, bnut then not again, so now I'm downloading MSN again, but it didnt download right first time round, so now im trying yet again...best work otherwise it's time to call a PC technician.

6. I had problems before; but it's all right now.

You tend to lose your patience with newer computers.

7. Apparnetly the problems are due to the MSN protocal Servers being down...meh, i downloaded it again and it signed in first time!

8. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Msn has been being a bit of a bitch for most people from the past 24 hours. Fine for me tho - i have NO idea why.

9. It's messing me about again, it's really getting annoying now. Does anyone know how you sue that web messnger thing?

10. Last night, my messages weren't going through, and I received others' messages all at once and minutes after they were sent. Today I can't get on.

11. Same with me......if anyone has got the address of the web version of MSN please tell us it, as then we can log in using that.

12. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I've been having troubles off and on for the last day or so...also, I believe they do not let you sign in (sometimes) if you do not download the newest version of messenger.

13. what is the newest version of messenger? the only one i know of it 6.2, which I have....Microsoft can be jerks sometimes.

14. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    The biggest problem with MSN is that it is a Microsoft product. Need I say more?

15. I'm downloading yahoo instant messenger.....do I have to be a registered user of Yahoo! internet, or do I just have to sign up using my hotmail account?

16. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    I wa having troubles yesterday to. I've come to the conclussion that MSN, and hotmail were capable of receivng messages/e-mails, but not from people on it's own server/service/program/whatnot. My friends were able to receive e-mails from my g-mail accounts, but not my MSN one. and at the same time, I could talk to them using Windows Messenger, but not MSN Messenger. I haven't used it today though, so things may have changed.

17. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

i had problems today and yesterday, but now its all good. i wasnt able to speak to anyone yesterday.

18. It's back to normal today. Or so it seems. it better not go screwy now.

19. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    trillian.