1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Problems with my Acoustic B200H head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tkdb13, Oct 16, 2009.

1. tkdb13

tkdb13

Oct 16, 2009
    I have an Acoustic B200H amp head that I got in August of last year and it seems to have mysteriously died. I get absolutely no sound of any kind out of it, not even any buzzing or static, no matter what I do.

Any ideas about what the cause might be? Is there any sort of troubleshooting/easy fix I can try, or should I dig out the warranty info?

2. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Honestly, I have no idea what can be wrong with it. I'd take it back to GC. I've heard they are great about fixing or even replacing those amps without much hassle.

3. NortyFiner

NortyFiner Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Portsmouth VA USA
    Dead silence usually means it's not getting power at all, or if it is getting power, then the signal chain to the speakers is broken in some manner. You should definitely take it back to GC; Acoustic is their house brand, so they have a vested interest in giving it good technical support.

4. Taxt

Taxt

May 31, 2009
    Yeah just take it back they dont ask any questions if you have a warnnty

5. tkdb13

tkdb13

Oct 16, 2009
    Alright. I think the labor warranty might have expired, but parts should still be covered at least. Thanks for the input everyone!

6. Unfortunately the parts are alway the cheapest things. If the amp has an effects loop try jumpering the send and return with an instrument cable. If no joy take a trip to GC.

Paul

P.S. I assume you've done the obvious like changing out your speaker cable.