Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Problems with my acoustic bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by harley_ou812, Jan 19, 2002.

1. Ok here goes guys. I have a washburn AB-34 acoustic bass. When I play first i have to pop in the thing that holds the battery and has the eq ad volume on (not sure what it is called). And it works fine thn a couple of minutes later it will cut out and stop working i already tried to change the battery and it still does this. I really need to get this solved as my band is going to be playing some shows coming up where i am going to need to use my acoustic. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    are all the wires properly sodered to the pots. If you have a break in the chain it could cause your etronics to stop working

3. well i am not sure.. i dont know exactly how to pul the electronics out of my acoustic bass

4. take it to the place you bought it from and get it serviced...

5. Well the problem there lies in the fact that I bought it used

6. so then go to a shop and ask them if they will service it...

7. well i just pulled the electronics oout of it and looked all the plus were in all the way so i put them back in and didnt tighten the screws as tight as they were and it appears to be all better