Problems with my Fender Bassman60

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassman60, May 26, 2002.

1. bassman60

Jun 5, 2001
    Hey guys, I've got an old Fender bassman60 amp and it has performed well for me for a good while. It has a 1x15 speaker. Anyways, I was playing at church this morning and suddenly noticed this wierd chorus type modulation whenever I played in the higher register. At first I thought it was my chorus pedal malfunctioning or something to I took it out between songs and just played straight into the input. Still the same problem. I can't figure out what it is. Could it be my speaker is about to blow or what???
  2. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    i tend to use this rule of thumb: when in doubt take it to a tech. I can't speak for any of the older combos but i have a BXR 15 & a bassman 200-whenever i hear something funny come out i first: check the note, then effects if any, & then i move the amp to a different position-a couple of times in the band room i got some really weird interferance/echo/reverb stuff if i aimed my amp just right. If none of these work: take it to a tech, they should be able to do something. hope it works out. thats all