Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Problems with my Fender Bassman60

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassman60, May 26, 2002.

1. bassman60

bassman60

Jun 5, 2001
    Hey guys, I've got an old Fender bassman60 amp and it has performed well for me for a good while. It has a 1x15 speaker. Anyways, I was playing at church this morning and suddenly noticed this wierd chorus type modulation whenever I played in the higher register. At first I thought it was my chorus pedal malfunctioning or something to I took it out between songs and just played straight into the input. Still the same problem. I can't figure out what it is. Could it be my speaker is about to blow or what???

2. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    i tend to use this rule of thumb: when in doubt take it to a tech. I can't speak for any of the older combos but i have a BXR 15 & a bassman 200-whenever i hear something funny come out i first: check the note, then effects if any, & then i move the amp to a different position-a couple of times in the band room i got some really weird interferance/echo/reverb stuff if i aimed my amp just right. If none of these work: take it to a tech, they should be able to do something. hope it works out. thats all