1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Problems with my Mesa boogie 1516 be

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jamesjamuel, Jan 15, 2012.

1. jamesjamuel

jamesjamuel

Jan 12, 2011
    So today at practice my Mesa 1516be cab crapped out on me. It started feeding back intensely and once I got it to stop it sounded like my 15" had cut out. I continued playing, at the same low volume, and then the entire cab went silent. I've never blown a speaker before and the head I play through is 250 watts, the cab is rated at 450. I've also never had a bass cab feedback.

Any ideas on what went wrong and what to try and do to fix it? I tested the head on a spare cab and it still works so I assume that I fried something in the cab itself.

2. jamesjamuel

jamesjamuel

Jan 12, 2011
    Bump

3. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Sounds like the crossover has a problem.

My Mesa 1516BE Roadready cab had 3 input jacks:1 full range input, and then 2 other inputs to plug into the top or bottom half only. If yours is the same, an easy test would be to try plugging into those other 2 cab input jacks. If any of the speakers work this way it'll confirm a malfunction in your crossover.