Problems with Talkbass

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Jul 26, 2001.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    2 problems - can anyone help?

1. Sometimes when I start a new thread, usually when it's a long one, when I click "submit new thread" I get the window saying that I'm not signed on. I WAS singned on. I wind up unable to post the thread. Once I sign on I can't get back to the thread I wrote, or if I do - I still can't post it. Wassuuup with that?!?

2. I've copied and pasted those long threads I tried to start in my Windows notepad, but when I try to copy and paste it back in a new thread (after I signed on to Talkbass again) I can't paste anything in the message window. Is it possible to cut and paste something in the message window, and if so, how? My browser window doesn't allow it in the edit menu.

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Sounds like a question for Paul. Click on the "Help" link on the banner on the left and ask him. It might be your setup. Who knows?
  3. I noticed that that same problem too of late,Joe.
    Finally had to dig up my original tb relpy email w/ my username and password.It took it ok,but I had never had to do that before.I just assumed maybe Paul was tightening things up (security?) a bit.
  4. MikeyD

Sep 9, 2000
    It seems like, with really long posts, I have to do most of the composing off-line (in Notepad, for example) because the TB server probably logs me off after awhile (15 minutes) if I don't interact with it. I don't usually have trouble cutting and pasting to/from a screen editor, though.

You can sometimes trick the server by clicking on other buttons to open secondary TB windows. Click on other pages every 10 minutes or so (or hit the Preview button) and TB should keep you logged in.

I should mention that I'm now using MS Internet Explorer to access TB, and it usually works fine. However, I'm normally a Netscape user, and I had incredible headaches with it after TB changed its forum software. If you're using Netscape, that might be part of the problem.

All this is just my experience, but you might e-mail Paul if you continue to have trouble with it.

- Mike
  5. easy...don't use the drop-down menu's.

just go to the edit-window and press SHIFT and INSERT at the same time. CTRL and V does the same :D

or.. if you're a mouse-(ab) with your right mouse-button inside the edit-window and select " paste " from the menu :)
  6. Can't help, never had a single problem posting....maybe I'm just lucky or wiggled my way into a good Win98 setup.
  7. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products

Shift and insert worked.
    I am a happy boy now. Thanks guys.