Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Problems with the Lightwave!!!! (Help)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stachio, Apr 26, 2002.

1. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    Well, after about a week, I'm having a problem with the new Zon: the "hood" above the B string will not stay up --> no output from B string. Might have happened when I tried to raise the height of the B string a little. I tried every type of height adjustment, twisting the optical adjustment screw, etc. to get it back. It almost seems like the locking screws won't hold it in place.
    Does anybody know how to fix this?

Most likely solution: 1) I think I might resort to sending it back to get it fixed but I'd rather have my baby here. 2) would be to take it to GC, but something tells me nothing would come out of that. 3) A resident Lightwave expert TB'er :) .

side note: I don't think this should reflect on Mr. Zon's professionalism and the quality of his instruments... Just the quality of my setup skills.

2. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    If no one else offers a workable solution, and you need to take it to someone, I know Curbow has made a lightwave bass, so he may be able to adjust one. The only problem is that he is 2 hours north of Atlanta in Morganton. His phone number is 1-706-374-2873.

Hopfully, someone else in Atlanta has experience with them. But, if not, a two hour drive on a Saturday is better than shipping it off.

3. I would suggest you either contact Joe or the folks at Lightwave. I've found both are more than willing to help.

Jeff

4. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    i agree with Jeff.

call them immediately.

DON'T EVER EVER EVER take a Lightwave Bass to GC.

they'll F it up for sure!!!

call Lightwave systems, and have them try to help you over the phone first.

you'll get great support from them. if not, Jeff and I can rattle som cages.

:eek:

f

5. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Baltimore, MD
    damn

thought you were talking about Lightwave the 3d program :p

6. frederic b. hodshon

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    lightwave 7.5 just came out.

but, i'm a 3D Studio MAX user.

f

7. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    Wow! I got the Zon Lightwave legion to help a fellow wounded Zonbie. :D
    I just got off the phone with Keith from Lightwave. Top notch customer service. He is sending me a replacement bridge saddle with wrench at no charge as we speak (write :)), no questions asked. He's even given me his home phone to call him at any hour when I get the piece and need help on installation.
    I hope this works out!

8. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Wow. That's pretty cool. Sounds like they are taking the Alembic route to Customer Service. I hope the fix is painless, and quick.

9. frederic b. hodshon

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    what a great group over there at lightwave.

i had the pleasure of meeting them for breakfast when i was getting the electronics upgrade.

they had the lightwave tune with them that was on their splash page for a while.

i got to touch it.

OY!

something to be said for personalized service.

especially these days, when you go into stores like GC and Tower records and you feel like you're bothering them when you ask a question.

actually, there's a local GC that has a pretty nice bunch of guys.

but, tower records can go F themselves. i used to work retail music stores in my teens, and we NEVER acted like that.

they think they're in the entertainment biz or sumpthin'.

!

f

10. My experience with Lightwave has been similar. Great folks who are very interested no ony in their product working well, but also how to improve.

Good for you!
    Jeff

11. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Baltimore, MD
    used to be a Maxer, but moved to Mac, and then Lightwave :)