Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Problems with Wireless Headphones

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by peabody, Dec 26, 2005.

1. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    Hello All...

My beloved wife was nice enough to give me a set of Sennheiser RS120 wireless headphones for Christmas. I practice almost exclusively with headphones, usually through a Johnson J-Station or a Tascam BT1MKII bass trainer. I've been using a set of cheap $20 Sony headphones, and while they have always sounded pretty good, the cord can be bothersome...thus my request for the Sennheiser's.

I tried my Sennheisers tonight and they sounded like crap. My bass was totally distorted and despite my "fiddling" I couldn't get a clean sound. I tried both the J-Station and the Tascam with the same results. I even tried my Roland Cube 30 that has a headphone jack...same thing. I also noticed that there seems to be some sort of volume filter that kicks in when I turn them up too loud.

Has anyone else had any issues with wireless headphones? Any suggestions for resolving this issue? Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!