Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Probot

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Josh Ryan, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    anybody else excited to pick this up? Is it possible that Dave Grohl is the James Joyce of rock music? Only time and 12.99$ will tell.... Wino, Lemmy, and the guy from Trouble sing (+others)...what more could you ask for??

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I really wanna hear the Lemmy tune. Other than that, I'm just a bit past abivalent and into "curious" territory by a smidge.

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    It's pretty awesome IMO. My friend bought it yesterday and we listened to it in the car. The Max Caltavera (sp?) and King Diamond tunes were killer.

What's the deal with Mr. Napalm Death... since when does he "sing"?

Also, I didn't hear it, but does anyone know who sang on the hidden track. My friend asked me to find out and I haven't heard it yet.

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Hate to say it, but I think we are the only three talkbassers who know what Probot is... :)

For those who don't, Dave Grohl is really into metal. Don't let the Foo Fighters music confuse you, he truely is. ;) I did notice the new album by Foo is heavier. But on Probot, he got together with a bunch of metal guys and made an awesome album.

I'd still like to know who sings on the hidden track.

5. OiBass

OiBass

Apr 9, 2003
    Columbus,OH
    Jack Black is the singer on the hidden track("I Am The Warlock")-
    Great record-
    But from a bass players point of view, that track, and the ones with
    other bass players besides Grohl (Lemmy & Cronos), are the only
    ones where the bass stands out-

6. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
    Wait aminit, I did not realize its already out. Hell yeah I want it. Did not know Max Cavalera was on it, even more interested. Indeed Grohl is the man. It would be cool to see him do work with Claypool.

7. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO

8. odie

odie Supporting Member

I read about it in a Blender issue. Sounds interesting. Im usually not into albums like this along with sound tracks. I like the flow that you can get with one band of the same members rocking it out for 10-15 songs.

9. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    If you listened to this stuff in the past, it has it's own type of flow.

10. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    I think I'm going to get this cd. I really like Lee Dorian, who sings for a band called Cathedral and I saw that he was on the album.

11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    One thing I appreciate is he matches the style of the person he is playing with.

Another thing I appreciate is Kim Thayil guesting on a few tracks. Awesome guitarist.

12. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001

Yep, anybody know what else, if anything Mr.thayil has been up to?

13. I've seen the new video clip (the lemmy songs) and I really liked it. I think it was a great idea to do a thing like this, i'm really curious aboutthe other songs, but don't have the money now (I spend 50 euro's for the new limited box set of the new In Flames cd, which will release soon)

14. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

15. Thanks for the info... I loved that hidden track!!!... that one and the Wino are my favorites...