Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

processor setup question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bass_player_cd, Apr 10, 2002.

1. bass_player_cd

bass_player_cd terminated.

Aug 21, 2000
    OK
    I just got a 482 sonic maximizer today and I put it through the fx loop but it didnt sound like it changed the sound much, in fact it sounded worse. I played around with it and first put a distortion pedal in first in the fx loop and then the SM482 and it didnt sound like it changed anything. Does anyone know where the correct place to put it is? It didnt come with a manual or anything, I bought it off ebay. Thanks

2. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    A BBE MUST be the last link in the chain. If your amp has any post-loop EQ you should set it flat.

I have always used one in a rack system with separates, but if you are using a head, you need to see that anything after the maximizer is flat.

IME, they are very good units to improve tone of both instruments and whole mixes.

Chas

3. bass_player_cd

Aug 21, 2000
    OK
    what do you mean by set it flat? Do you mean put it in the middle? Sorry, I'm not good with all the terminology.

4. Any EQ after the BBE in the signal chain should be flat.

However, don't even worry about that.

Put it in your effects loop, set effects blend to wet.
    Try the BBE Process & Contour set at 12:00 noon.

5. bass_player_cd

Aug 21, 2000
    OK
    Ok now i just think your out to confuse my small brain.:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: