1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

proco bass rat

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by stevekim, Aug 12, 2002.

1. stevekim

stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    anyone know when the bass rat is due? i remember seeing something on their website a while back but now it's gone.

-steve

2. I had heard somthing direct from the prez of the Co. he was kind enough to reply to my inqueries. It will be called a "Juggernaut" and it ain't out yet?? Soon I hope...apparently the "Turbo RAT" is the "bass players choice" for some reason...the new one will have a blend-able fx/direct option....

3. What about the Brat? Never played one, but thought that was the 'bass' Rat.
    - Charlie

4. That was just a budget-model and the sound reflects it. Avoid at all cost.

5. thks!

6. stevekim

stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    yeah, i was playing around with an old rat pedal i had lying around (i'm not sure what model it is), and i really liked how it sounded. tight, crunchy and mean. the only problem was it really did a number on the low end. i'm sure the new bass rat will be better at preserving the low end.

-s

7. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    i was watching a video on solo bass and this one guy plays around with effects a bunch. Hes supposed to be showing how different effects can help your solo bass. Anyway it is called a jugernaut. Is it the same thing? Some sort of reissue.