proco bass rat

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by stevekim, Aug 12, 2002.

1. stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    anyone know when the bass rat is due? i remember seeing something on their website a while back but now it's gone.

2. I had heard somthing direct from the prez of the Co. he was kind enough to reply to my inqueries. It will be called a "Juggernaut" and it ain't out yet?? Soon I hope...apparently the "Turbo RAT" is the "bass players choice" for some reason...the new one will have a blend-able fx/direct option....
  3. What about the Brat? Never played one, but thought that was the 'bass' Rat.
    - Charlie
  4. That was just a budget-model and the sound reflects it. Avoid at all cost.
  5. stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    yeah, i was playing around with an old rat pedal i had lying around (i'm not sure what model it is), and i really liked how it sounded. tight, crunchy and mean. the only problem was it really did a number on the low end. i'm sure the new bass rat will be better at preserving the low end.

6. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    i was watching a video on solo bass and this one guy plays around with effects a bunch. Hes supposed to be showing how different effects can help your solo bass. Anyway it is called a jugernaut. Is it the same thing? Some sort of reissue.