Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Proco Rat and Rat2 sound clips

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bass_drum, Jul 1, 2005.

1. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    Does anyone have any soundclips of these pedals used with a bass? I found some with a guitar but it doesnt really show me how they will sound with a bass.

I understnad these sucka lot of lowend out, but if i boost the bass on my amp will it still have sufficient low end?

Btw im lokoing for a distortion pedal to use with a wah, would this one work for that?

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    It will. Having said that, I had an 80's Rat II that rocked when you blended it with a clean signal. But some jerk stole it so I got a modified Rat II from www.robertkeeley.com. Kind of expensive, but the new Rats suck, and this one has two extra settings that put a lot of bass back into the tone. It's by far the best distortion I've ever used on a bass.

BTW, that quote at the bottom under "But what about bass guitar?" That's mine. Still haven't finished the album though ;)

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I've played both Vintage and Modern Rats and didn't experience a whole lot of a difference as far as low end loss. The Modern Rat was a little timid for my taste (simple OpAmp swap fixed this) and the vintage piece was a gem.

I've yet to try the Juggernaut.

4. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    someone here has a keeley modded rat, and it sounds perfect. try a search.. there are some clips posted.. whoever this person was they had a unibass and were in a 2 piece band.. could be jazzad ?

correction: n*joy