Proco Rat and Rat2 sound clips

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bass_drum, Jul 1, 2005.

1. bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Does anyone have any soundclips of these pedals used with a bass? I found some with a guitar but it doesnt really show me how they will sound with a bass.

I understnad these sucka lot of lowend out, but if i boost the bass on my amp will it still have sufficient low end?

Btw im lokoing for a distortion pedal to use with a wah, would this one work for that?
  2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    It will. Having said that, I had an 80's Rat II that rocked when you blended it with a clean signal. But some jerk stole it so I got a modified Rat II from Kind of expensive, but the new Rats suck, and this one has two extra settings that put a lot of bass back into the tone. It's by far the best distortion I've ever used on a bass.

BTW, that quote at the bottom under "But what about bass guitar?" That's mine. Still haven't finished the album though ;)
  3. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I've played both Vintage and Modern Rats and didn't experience a whole lot of a difference as far as low end loss. The Modern Rat was a little timid for my taste (simple OpAmp swap fixed this) and the vintage piece was a gem.

I've yet to try the Juggernaut.
  4. xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    someone here has a keeley modded rat, and it sounds perfect. try a search.. there are some clips posted.. whoever this person was they had a unibass and were in a 2 piece band.. could be jazzad ?

correction: n*joy