Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ProCo Rat

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Doctor Jay, Dec 10, 2002.

1. Doctor Jay

Doctor Jay

Dec 9, 2002
    I was wondering if anyone had experience using the ProCo Rat distortion pedal for Bass, I've seen it used with great succes. Any comments???

Thank You

Jay

2. yeah i got one, havn't used it in ages, and now i'v got a Micro Synth, but when i did use it, it sounded great, loadsa low end! and although i havn't used it in ages, in my new dance project, we recorded some vocals through it, and they sounded great!

*Si*

3. Or just wait until the new "Juggernaut" becomes available; a bass-specific RAT.
    We talked about this lots B4 guys....do a search.

4. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Isn't ProCo supposed to introduce the "Juggernaut" bass pedal at Winter NAMM 2003?...

5. who cares, if the normal Rat works great for bass, y not just get 1 of them, its easily on par with the Big Muffs of the industry :)

*Si*

6. I have had Rat2 for ten years now and it`s really cool pedal, but not for bass. Everything else sounds terrific - vocals, guitars, synths even drums - but my rat2 fails to keep the low end. I`ve tried it so many times hoping that I`ve been mistaking but no. My bass sounds like guitar. I know that many bassists use Rat but I don`t. Looking forward to meet that bass rat... :D

7. is the Bass RatIII the Juggernaut,or are they two different pedals? that RatIII looks pretty awsome!:)

8. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    The Rat III is vaporware... ;)

9. No, I own three of them. Really.....
    ;)

10. I went to the ProCo web site,but I could'nt find the RatIII or the Juggernaut:confused: what does that RatIII sound like? better than the original? with all those controlls and the blend it must be able to get pretty brutal,with plenty of lows..yes?..............do I have GAS?:eek:

11. No...you're just really gullible, sorry. There is no RAT III; I made it up with MS Paint. Owner of Proco sound thought it was a pretty nifty idea (he said) and that's when he told me about The Juggernaut being debuted at the upcoming winter NAMM.

12. Not intentional, sorry really. We had covered this a few times in the past. I assumed that most interested most likely knew of my Faux-RAT from then(!) Owner of Proco was pretty hip about the whole thing which was rather cool I thought. the "Juggernaut" however is real and will be ready for us all to pick over soon enough. THAT will be a good day for all us bottom end feeders I am sure(!!!)