Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Procrastination

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fatbassjazzer, Feb 23, 2005.

1. fatbassjazzer

fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    ATL
    Do you procrastinate til the very last minute or are you able to get your work done quickly and finished when it's supposed to be? My attention gets drawn away very fast if I have some kind of a deadline to meet. Music and TB aren't making my job any easier. I've been procrastinating for about two hours on typing a paper about Julius Caesar and doing chemistry homework. Any tips for those of us who procrastinate until its too late?

2. Set yourself personal deadlines that give you the chance to access TB/Bass/whatever for x-amount of time when you've done y-amount of study.

Leigh

3. I'll post on this thread later...

But seriously...
    I don't usually procrastinate, I used to do it all the time. Now it seems like I save more time just by doing it right away instead of waiting.

4. I do this a lot :meh:
    It seems that, if i don't do it at the last minute i've got, I have no presure on me, and no interest in doing the work... I know it's really bad but I tried doing my work right when i had them and it just didn't work :rollno:

5. glydebass

glydebass

Dec 3, 2003
    Atlanta Ga
    Procrastination sucks but I found the best way to stop is to just suck it up and do it. Its that simple. Maybe daily schedules work for some but I cant do em so I just suck it up. Thats my solution. Just dont procrasitate. See ya tomorrow.

6. fatbassjazzer

fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    ATL
    I turned everything off except MS Word and sat down and did it. At least I got my paper done. South Park distracted me a bit and now I've just got to finish the chemistry. yargh.

7. Diowulf

Diowulf Guest

Aug 4, 2004
    San Rafael CA
    First I got rid of my TV...now i need to deal with this blasted internet. Honestly, I didn't have a problem last semester, but this semester is difficult. I have a serious probelm. I find that doing it is no problem most of the time, but getting started is the worst part. If you can get started you can finish anything.

8. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    +1 Without the thrill I can't concentrate

9. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    I don't procrastinate. Except for stuff that deserves serious thought. :D

10. I'm procrastinating right now. It's inefficient and illogical, but why would I let that stop me?

11. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    Honestly...I read this thread, then my exact thoughts were, without intentional irony, "Eh, I'll read the rest of the new threads then come back to this one later."

I procrastinate quite a bit, can you tell?

12. I procrastinate terribly.

I've even taken it to the point where I don't do my HW at night, except for important stuff(IE papers), but wake up in the morning and do it. I can't do HW at night after 2 years of doing this, I can't concentrate, and things just don't work out in my head :meh: