Product Placement...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chris h, Aug 2, 2002.

1. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    Ok I have a ha3500 and 4x10xl cab.

The best place for it in my room is infront of a radiator. The radiator is about the height of the cab.

Would it be dangerous to put the rig there? Obviously it has a fan in the amp, so surely it would be ok? Tha radiator isnt THAT hot. What would you do? its tempting to shut off the radiator and wear a wolly jumper in the winter and have my room filled with ice and penguins.....

A litthe help?!
  2. I don't think it would pose a problem. I've played many outdoor gigs where anything painted black got hot enough to scramble eggs on, including amps and never found it to cause any trouble.
  3. I have also played outside at a few gigs. I have never had a problem. But it can't be good for an amp to sit in the heat for extended periods of time.
  4. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    As long as it's not touching the radiator. I've seen a guitar case get a little bit of melting that way.
  5. just make sure you watch out...hartke cabs...well not their cabs...their speakers, are really sensitive to temperature change. being that they are made of aluminum, the material shrinks, and gets larger...gradually, but its there. if this temperature change happens too could have a cracked speaker on your hands.