1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Production PRS Grainger Basses announced (as in non-Private Stock)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hippietim, Jan 8, 2013.

1. hippietim

hippietim

Jan 26, 2008
  2. Bass42

Bass42

Nov 6, 2012
    Miami/US
    Endorsing : Elixir Strings, Digitech , Eden Amplification
    US made ? Where can I buy one ?

Thanks

3. Well, finally, a PRS bass that is priced reasonably and actually seems to be made for bassists:p

Those look VERY nice, and again, the price seems very reasonable. Nice look, nice specs.

4. I was hoping PRS would make another effort at producing a bass. Many weren't overly impressed with the prior efforts.

PRS has guitars down to a near perfect science. If they put that level of effort into bass development, I'm sure we would be happy campers. If they haven't already done so, they need to include a few bassists that understand our needs, as part of the development process.

5. Bass42's avatar says what I'm feelin'! :(

6. The Diaper Geni

The Diaper Geni Submissive. And loving it. Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    Really? I owned one of the 3 pickup models back in the day and that thing freakin' killed!

This current model looks nice!

7. MoeTown1986

MoeTown1986 Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2010
    SoMD (Mechanicsville)
    yes, US made. i've seen them get made at the PRS Factory and have played one. very nice player. smoooooth! dunno where to buy, try direct from them.

8. smcd

smcd

Jun 28, 2009
    Boston, MA
    +1

I own one now and I think it's awesome.

9. I'm glad to see some are enjoying them.

10. In case you were wondering where PRS basses started.

PRS # 11 from 1977-78:

PRS-22.png

Perfect condition so "as new". Paul hand made it for me in his tiny shop at 33 West Street in Annapolis. Plays like a notorious dream - sounds warm woody and well - indescribable.

Even with the release of the Graingers, interesting how everything old is suddenly new again, with this fretless version of #11 in his coveted "Private Stock" collection. Only differences lie in the headstock and the electronics. Thirty five years later and the basic design features remain the same and flawless.

11181b.jpg

Complete gallery and specs here:

www.innertainment.net

Happy Plucking

BassHappy

11. Roy Vogt

Roy Vogt

Sep 20, 2000
    Nashville,TN
    Endorsing Artist: Kiesel, Carvin, Accuracy, Hotwire, Conklin Basses, DNA, Eden
    I got to see Gary Grainger's personal bass up close and personal when he did a clinic at Belmont last year. If these are close they should kill!

12. Smallmouth_Bass

Smallmouth_Bass

Dec 29, 2005
    Canada
    It's a great looking bass.

13. Very nice story for a beautiful bass! What a fantastic thing to own. Carry on enjoying it and treasuring it, my friend! :)

14. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    I'll be tempted once they do a one passive pickup bass. :)

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021