productive sesh

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Peter Squire, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Hi guys

Just came home from band prac, and feeling good cos tonight we nailed three new songs in two hours!

Normally we work a new song into our set about every two weeks, but tonight we just connected. We all had some ideas for new material, came ready to work and just achieved! :D

Dunno how you guys work, would be interested to hear how your practices happen. Best thing is, we have a weekly residence at a club and I was getting worried that we were gonna lose patrons because we were playing the same stuff every week, but we talked about it and agreed that we are going to shake up our setlist every week to keep it fresh!

This is the best band I ever been in! :hyper:
  2. Craigle

Craigle "Careful with that joke, it's an antique!"

Mar 10, 2004
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    That sounds like a good method to me, especially if your playing to the same crowd every week.

I can't really give you any better ideas, the last band I was in it was like pulling teeth to try and get the rest of the band to work on any new songs, or even a cover for a show or two.

Glad to hear that not all bands are as disfunctional as my old one.