1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Professionalism and Maturity...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tplyons, Apr 20, 2006.

1. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    These are two things that I'm always complimented on. I'm nineteen years old, a Freshman in college, and am often confused for 22-23 because of my goatee and the way I present myself. Almost all are dumbfounded when they realize I'm as young as I am.

When I work bass for hire, it's arrive early, have EVERYTHING I need, know what I need ahead of time, bring all the gear needed, and extra for the gui****s and drummers.

I did a nude photo shoot yesterday, completely professional. Girl there with ginormous knockers and she offered me a feel. I declined because I was there for one reason and one reason only, helping out. She's a friend.

What are the compliments you guys get most?

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    hair

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I have hair too.

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I wear tight leather slacks without underwear and a strategically placed sock.

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Woody, we all know that ain't a sock.

6. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Please don't bring up my past as a circus freak.

7. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I get remarks about how: "you don't look your age". I think: "gee, so many years, how little I've done".

8. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I emanate a pleasant odor...I get that a lot.

9. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Oooh, I get that one too. All about Old Spice and Irish Spring. Chicks dig it.

10. I often get complimented on my maturity (I'm 18), and my work... my boss can never get over how much I get done so quickly.

And also, I get the "you smell nice" from chicks a lot, and strangely enough I use Old Spice and Irish Spring too! I've been told "it's better than AXE"

11. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I'm still waiting on my pictures...

Not many people believe i can fix so many things at my age. I am 21, but have done a lot of construcion, and i am really into electronics as well.

12. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Very true, but if you're looking just to freshen up really quickly... Tag's Lucky Day spray blends in nicely with these two scents.

13. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Old Spice and Irish Spring here, too. Best combo for getting the flocks of chicks.

14. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

.... bout obviously NOT ....

Modesty!! :p

15. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Nope, I usually get called out on being arrogant.

Except for the few who think I'm modest...

16. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Modesty is a great indicator of maturity to me - as you learn more, you learn how much you don't know and how much you have to learn...

My experience has been that arrogance comes from ignorance and immaturity - i.e. not knowing how insignificant you are in the overall scheme of things and how little you know in reality....:meh:

The wisest and most experienced musicians I have met, have been very humble, very giving and entirely without arrogance - the worst have been the opposite .....:eyebrow:

17. "I love your bass sound, so deep and powerful, but with just the right amount of mids, especially in the 2.5khz region, and top-end clarity".

get that all the time.
    chicks love the tone.

18. flatwounds

flatwounds

Apr 22, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    Gynormous knockers.:D

Diddo on still awaiting pics.

19. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Looks, body, smell, maturity, 'skills' (not to toot my own horn, but i'm a natural with pretty much everything i've done. I've picked up music, sports, cars/mechanics, construction/building, electronics, basic art etc, schooling/education really easy), I get complimented on my playing quite a bit, for being tight, holding everything in the pocket and the occasional 'show'.. and bedroom antics (or is that a skill? =P).

20. morf

morf Banned

Feb 17, 2006
    haha, professionalism until you find your nudes being sold on the internet lol