Programmable Sansamp Bass Driver.... XLR out to tuner?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ::::BASSIST::::, Oct 19, 2005.

1. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    I am considering trying out one of Tech 21's Programmable Sansamp Bass Driver. The single switch model which I have used (I use these as preamps for my AI Focus SA poweramp) has a parallel out and that's where I used a 1/4 inch patch cable to my korg ga 30 tuner.

The programmable one doesnt have the parallel out. Could I use the xlr out to connect my tuner?

2. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Hmm...good question. You'll need a 1/4" to XLR connector, but I don't see why it couldn't work.

3. ::::BASSIST::::

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    yeah, I know I'll need a short 1/4 to xlr cable, but I am not sure if the signal is strong enough as I heard the xlr out is balanced.

4. balanced signal is stronger than unbalanced signal as far as I know? I could be wrong though?

5. BulkHead

BulkHead

Oct 14, 2005
    Manassas VA
    Are you referring to the PSA 1.1? XLR out is switchable from -10 to 0. And you could use the effects loop send to the tuner.
    Link: http://www.tech21nyc.com/psa_1_1.html

edit- if you are buying the discontinued PSA 1 here is a quote:
    "Other features include an effects loop, and dual 1/4” and XLR outputs for stereo processing. Either pair can be set at line or instrument level, and can be used simultaneously."

6. ::::BASSIST::::

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    This one:
    [​IMG]
    I am pretty sure unbalanced is a hotter signal. Just need to know if the xlr out is hot enough to drive a small tuner.

7. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Oh yeah. Any signal at all will drive it. My acoustic g**tar has extremly low output piezo, but will tune off that.