Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Progress begins- my upcoming F Bass revealed

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by adrian garcia, Nov 20, 2003.

1. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    Well, boys and girls.. George finally bookmatched my top and the building begins..
    I loved the thuya burl top on my ex-Roscoe ( see avatar) that I decided to go with it on my new BN5.. this one will have a matching headstock, 3 piece neck with flames sides, birdseye maple board, gold hardware, matching thuya knob, and the Ghost midi system.
    To say i cannot wait is an understatement ...
    [​IMG]

2. JP Basses

JP Basses

Mar 22, 2002
    Paris FRANCE
    :bawl:

Please Adrian.... No GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek: :confused:

Go Chrome!!
    Go Chrome!!

:D :bassist:

Peace, JP

3. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    you better keep them picks coming!

:D ;)

4. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    really, JP? i tought it looked awesome on this bass, that's why i went with it-
    [​IMG]

5. tboyd

tboyd

Sep 10, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    That is gonna be sweet. I must admit I agree with JP on this one...although in your pic, I could live with the gold bridge and black knobs, but not gold bridge and gold knobs. Are you gonna have black knobs on this bass?

6. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    sorry, my vote is black hardware

7. tboyd

tboyd

Sep 10, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Oops, sorry, I just re-read your post, yo are going to have the matching knobs, that's cool though. I am not a fan of the gold, but the bridge in that pic you posted looks good to me. Some gold hardware is just too yellow, or fake looking.

8. JP Basses

JP Basses

Mar 22, 2002
    Paris FRANCE
    Well... I also disliked gold one this one adrian :D

I really feel it gives tha basses a too much "sofisticated" look. More like jewelery or something. I really don't like it.

Chrome would make the bass and the top much more alive IMHO

Your choice Bro'!

Peace, JP

9. Hi Adrian!
    Very nice man. That is one beautiful chunk of wood. Good luck and enjoy! Oh, I like Chrome too.

10. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    :eek: Wow, that's gonna be a beauty. I actually think gold will look great. Black would be pretty killer too. IMHO, Chrome would be my last choice... but, i'm sure she'll be gorgeous with whatever color hardware you decide. I haven't seen many "ugly" basses go through your hands, probably ever.:bassist:

11. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    What is a Ghost Midi System ?

12. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    from the Graphtech site:

[​IMG]

f

13. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    HOLY SH*T !!!!!!!

14. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    great bass A!!!!

but i still prefer Optical Pickups to drive my V-Bass/Midi.

;)

[​IMG]

f

15. hippiesandwich

hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
    GORGEOUS!!! :bassist:

I vote all black hardware - it won't distract from the killer burl.

16. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    giggedy giggedy gi-guh-dee! ;)

17. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars

Agreed.

Gold hardware attracts too much attention to itself, black tends to "blend" to my eye, doesn't distract from the wood.

Although it's difficult to imagine anything distracting attention from THAT piece of wood!

:D

(...oh, did I mention that I really really really really really really really hate you, Adrian, did I??? ;) )

18. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Awe C'mon Adrian! Can't you get the matching Thuya foto-finish on the hardware? just kidding!

That bass is gonna be awesome. I expect no less from you. just curious, what are you gonna drive with the ghost MIDI? a V Bass?

Will you be playing that thing by the time I come up to Vegas in January /February 2004?

Gil

19. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    there you go... thanks Fred! Gil, I am not sure what I will drive.. maybe a V bass or an axxon- roland had a midi interface at the last NAMM, but i havent heard much since- i have to check the site...i just want to have the option- I should have it by Jan, hopefully--
    Gard, i know, i know.. but its a good hate, right?? ;)
    I dont know , guys.. i think gold will look killer there- I am definitely not a black hardware kinda guy- except on the black and white ceruse fretless thats coming as well, then it HAS to be black! i thik the gost saddles are black anyay , and my old Roscoe had the black and gold and it looked great.. Im sticking with gold for now...:D

20. TRIPSTER

TRIPSTER

Aug 13, 2003
    Sulphur LA
    Adrian! Trip here! Looks great! I'd go with black hardware. Hooboy! Yes. Black. None more black. I have to pee now.