1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Progressive fans: My new band "Hysterical Society"!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by VS, Jul 20, 2012.

1. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    I just joined a progressive rock band named Hysterical Society. After being together 8 years without a line-up change, their bassist up and quit without looking back. This is a dream come true for me though, and I'm more excited about this band than any other band I've played in!

Check out some of the videos which feature the old bassist of course, but soon enough there will be some with me and I'll be quite pleased to share them when the time comes!

Live Medley

"Puzzle" Live

"Not Your Disease" Live

And the wesbite is: http://www.hystericalsocietymusic.com

Hope you guys dig it! Thanks! -Luke Osborne

[​IMG]

2. colcifer

colcifer Esteemed Nitpicker Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2010
    A Galaxy Far, Far Away
    Sounds good! Gotta add capes though. It just ain't prog if you aren't wearing a cape.

3. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    LoL :D

4. dbd1963

dbd1963

May 18, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Very very cool! I haven't seen HS, but I do know about them. Very good band.

5. colcifer

colcifer Esteemed Nitpicker Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2010
    A Galaxy Far, Far Away
    I wasn't joking. Well, maybe a little.

Seriously serious, though, it's cool to hear that Mahavishnu influence. I could stand for a little less of the Alice In Chains influence, though, and more of a Genesis vibe. Genesis always had really interesting things going on at each level from the vocal melody to the drums. And, of course, you can't go wrong channeling a little (or a lot of) Gentle Giant. Those guys were the masters.

But I digress. Anyway, the next time you guys have a release, send me a copy; I'll review the heck out of that bad boy. But you have to become British citizens and start wearing capes, first. Only cape wearing Brits can make prog rock. Don't blame the messenger; it wan't my idea to include those as prerequisites.

6. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Thanks for the positive feedback guys! -Luke :bassist:

7. Auguste

Auguste

Apr 5, 2012
    Great

Hope you enjoy your new adventure

Best of luck

8. Corbeau

Corbeau

Dec 14, 2011
    Australia
    I really dig the vibe of the band. Having the capes would make the band even more awesome.

Congrats and have fun!

9. Duke21

Duke21

Nov 14, 2010
    Narvik, Norway
    Cool stuff! With the light settings on stage the guitar player looks like Mike Rutherford back in the 70's, the bass player (you) reminds me of Tony Levin (could not see if you have a mustache), and you sound a bit like Levin ;)

10. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Thanks a lot gentlemen! I thought some of you might enjoy this.

That is actually the old bassist,lol. I just joined the band, so there aren't any videos with me...yet. :smug:

The guitarist and keyboardist are about 35 years old. The drummer is 53. I'm 29, so I'm going to be the "young buck" in the band,lol. I'm glad I'm on par with their abilities though. :bassist: -Luke