1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Progressive metal demo

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by bassjamn, Feb 11, 2016.

1. bassjamn

bassjamn Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Colorado
    I've been in the woodshed since early last year with a new progressive metal band in SF.
    Check out our demo if your into metal-y type of music

AshDrawsify likes this.
  2. Don't listen to this kind of music on the daily but I definitely enjoyed this. Good job to you and your band :thumbsup:

3. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    What Ash said.

Great job. Great bass sound, too.

MJS7101 and AshDrawsify like this.
  4. bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    Colorado
    Thanks for checking it out, I used my Skjold 5'r for this recording.

5. Iamthelampshade

Iamthelampshade

Aug 7, 2014
    Quite nice. I hope to see you guys in a studio pumping out an album so I can hear more with a little better quality. Sounds great tho

MJS7101 likes this.
  6. Michael B

Michael B

Dec 16, 2015
    Lowell, MA
    Thanks for sharing.
    It's cool. Great sound for a demo.

Honest question: with this type of vocal, is it still considered Prog? I would have thought some newer sub-genre would apply.

7. bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    Colorado
    Hey thanks all :)
    Good question on genres. Our guitarist wrote all the music and we have a lot of trouble classifying it as well!
    which is why we just say prog metal at this point. His plan was to merge multiple metal genres with different styles in each song, some melodic metal, some thrash, some doom metal styles etc...
    Our singer finalized his vocals lately, So it's another style in the mix. He's influenced by Lamb of god, cattle decapitation among others so I suppose you would say harsh vocals teetering on death metal style vocals.
    I suppose if you listen to bands like Fallujah or various tech-metal bands you could say were partially tech-death...:bookworm::ninja:

Scatabrain likes this.
  8. andruca

andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    From almost doom slow to blast beat in the same song. Like it. The (rare) melodic singing in between moves your music into metalcore territory IME (reminds me of good old Howard Jones from KSE). Anyway, don't give a f**k about labels, it's your music, great BTW, period.

bassjamn likes this.
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 16, 2021