Project 5 String Neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Blues Cat, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner Commercial User

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner
    I have a Washburn Bantom/ XB-500 neck for sale. It has a crack at the factory joint that has been repaired.

I'm offering it to those who would like a real neck to practice repairs on ie: fret leveling, refretting, defretting, sanding poly off the back of the neck, gluing a neck joint etc.

It can be repaired properly and used on a Washburn bass.

The story behind the neck is: Original owner cracked the joint somehow. He took it to my Luthier friend who specializes in classical guitar repair. He fixed it with hyde glue. The original owner refused to not leave his bass in the car all the time in Houston summers which of course loosened the hyde glue. The owner repeated this 3 times and then never picked the bass back up.

I bought the bass, bought a replacement neck from washburn for $300, learned how to play 5 string on it and sold it.

$38 + $14 sh OBO I have perfect 100% feedback here and on Ebay. PAYPAL secure

2. Blues Cat

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    Anyone interested? Make an offer.

3. Blues Cat

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    And bump.

4. Blues Cat

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    One last bump before Ebay.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021