1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Project bass wanted.

Discussion in 'Wanted: Double Basses, Amps, & Accessories' started by Stinkoman20xx, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    Hello everyone.I'm looking for a project bass 3/4 or larger in pretty much any shape or condition unless it's a mold issue. I would ideally like to find an old American plywood like Kay,King,American standard etc or basketcase carved.I'm in the Cincinnati Ohio area but willing to travel around,Loisville,lexington,Indianapolis,knoxville, memphis,columbus oh. I would prefer to buy. I also have a king slap king for trade in good shape with no issues available for trade and can add cash.

2. I have one
    Look under my thread

3. james condino

james condino Spruce dork Commercial User

Sep 30, 2007
    asheville, nc
    PM sent on some old Kays and parts

4. MollyKay

MollyKay

Sep 10, 2006
    Southern PA
    Bass Hobby'ist
    I have all the brands you listed, several of them and in all different conditions. Email me for a list of basses if interested. The workshop is FULL. We are in PA.

5. I have some project basses, King or Cleveland or Am Standard...
    I also have an ALCoA

6. andrewklein

andrewklein

Apr 8, 2013
    hi, i've got a wonderful fixer-upper opportunity. an excellent fully-carved chinese bass a few years old with a broken bass bar and head head stock. the instrument sounds excellent and is EXTREMELY playable. it retailed and was purchased for $5500 in 2007 and i'd like to get $600 for it, but that can be negotiated. if you're interested i can send you pictures, or you can call me. -andrew 248.225.6087

7. andrewklein

andrewklein

Apr 8, 2013
    hi, i've got a wonderful fixer-upper opportunity. an excellent fully-carved chinese bass a few years old with a broken bass bar and head head stock. the instrument sounds excellent and is EXTREMELY playable. it retailed and was purchased for $5500 in 2007 and i'd like to get $600 for it, but that can be negotiated. if you're interested i can send you pictures, or you can call me. -andrew 248.225.6087

8. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    Back to the drawing board. Still looking.

9. I know where you can pick up a basketcase carved for $200, but it's in Brooklyn.

10. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    if I could get it shipped even by greyhound I'd be all over it. But I figured at $200 you would been all over it must be really bad.

11. Nah, just busy. PM me for details.

12. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    Still looking.

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021