Hey guys I have knocked this around for years on this site and thought I'd document it with it's own thread. I will go back and post pictures up to where we currently are on the project. And then keep it current going forward. This is the basement of our 1927 home. When we bought the house the basement left a lot to be desired. The original floor in the basement was dirt and at sompoint someone poured a floor in small sections which was cracked and broken. Old duct work, plumbing and wiring were a mess. We have repaired the floors, replaced all the duct work, wiring and plumbing in the house. This has been over the last 6+ years. What we were left with is a 30x11 room with 7' ceilings. That includes the main beam of the house running the 30' length and the main drain pipes running the exterior 30' wall. The ability to do a quality job to contain the noise (soundproof) leaving the room is tough with the space constraints. The walls and ceiling have been insulated with Roxul Safe and sound. The ceiling will be 2 layers of 5/8" drywall hanging from resilient channel, there will be no holes in the ceiling for lighting, duct work or electric. The walls are going to be two layers of 5/8" fastened directly to the studs. All the electric is in and wall sconses and outlets are all backed with putty pads. For the subfloor we used Dry core tiles. Sheetrock is being delivered next week, 70 sheets of 4x8 5/8" sheetrock will need to be manuvered down an old steep stair case that has two turns in it. In that time I need to finish the last of the insulating and hang the resilient channel. The room will consist of a small mixing desk / computer area, a section to practice with my basses and amps. And a media area where I can listen to music and do family movies.