Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Promotional Websites / Webhosting for MP3s

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Uncle Fat, Jun 24, 2003.

1. Uncle Fat

Uncle Fat Guest

Mar 14, 2003
    Portland, OR
    Hey,
    I just got my band on MP3.com: www.mp3.com/ennisintheory (shameless plug) and I'm pretty pleased with the number of hits and such. Can anyone recommend any other really good sites on which to post music and sell CDs?

I know there are plenty out there, so I'm trying to find out which ones aren't a waste of time. Any experiences??

Thanks..

uf

2. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
  3. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    I have a rather large mp3 that I'm looking to upload to my site, however, I use Yahoo Webhosting which doesn't allow anything more than 5 megs for upload. Does anyone know a place I can upload this to and link to my site?? Thanks!

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    any paids host will do. I pay $10 monthly and have about 90MB of mp3s online. No pop up ads and the like either.

5. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Can I do a direct link from my site to the individual mp3 on there?

6. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    And I only need like 20 megs too, are there any cheaper ones for that??

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

mp3.com is free, if you don't mind waiting a few days for them to approve the mp3.

8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Yes... http://www.phpwebhosting.com I've been with them coming on 3 years. Lot's of features, my server has had some issues the last 3 months... but I'm still staying for now. Brian Barrett moved http://www.thelowend.net over to them over a year ago on my recommendation and other than one drive failure/my not backing up the DB :rolleyes: it's been a smooth ride. I've got a couple domains sitting there.

I could be persuaded to upload a couple to my host till you sort out what you're looking to do.

PM me if you're interested

9. Let's see now. A place to host your MP3s. Eehhhhrrr....... MP3.COM ???

10. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Well, it's a huge file that mp3.com won't take, and second it's cover music so I don't really want to put it in an original forum.

11. Can we actually legally upload mp3s of cover songs to any webhosting sites?

is mp3.com stop hosting promotional mp3s already??

12. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    mp3.com is done, I think www.garageband.com took it over

13. Nick Wagner

Nick Wagner

Feb 24, 2003
    WA, USA
    There are other sites out there.

www.hxcmp3.com is a site for hardcore-related bands only.

www.purevolume.com is open to all styles.

I believe CNet took over mp3.com and was planning to relaunch it as something else, dunno.

14. ambolina

ambolina Guest

Apr 7, 2004
    San Diego, Ca
    I second www.garageband.com

It's a good concept. Free hosting of your MP3s, but before you can post, you have to review a certain number of other peoples' songs (you pick the genre and are randomly given two songs to compare). Good way to get and give feedback on your songs. Or you can pay per song if you don't want to do the reviews. Either way, you songs then get thrown in the hopper for reviewing.

15. RoyQBiv

RoyQBiv

Nov 8, 2002
    Bellingam, WA
    I've been with phpwebhosting.com for about 3 years also. Highly recommended.

16. alimas2005

alimas2005

Apr 5, 2012
    How big are your mp3 files??

17. :confused:
    I don't think you'll be getting an answer anytime soon...

fastplant - Last Activity: 09-02-2009 11:10 PM