1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Props Greg, my Roscoe is here!

Discussion in 'Rocket Music' started by Darkstrike, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    And its incredible!:eek:

(this is one that Adam put up for comission, btw)

Couldn't be happier, fantastic deal, extraordinarally well packed dude.:)

And your setup, is like you knew me personally, I've never had one set up so well, this is the benchmark!:bassist:

Oh, and you shipped so fast, I'd not be suprised to hear Superman work's for you, anong with The Flash!

Thanks Greg dude, the whole situation couldn't have gone better!:)

EDIT: Oh, pic's or it dosen't exist.....
    rosc5863_1-1.

2. Welcome to the family....

:)

3. Darkstrike

Sep 14, 2007
    Thank you! :)

4. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Congrats, Billy! You're a full blown Roscoe-Head now!

Thanks also to you! It was a breeze working with you, which is not always the case in inter-continental dealings.

I hope you make some wonderful music on it for years to come!

5. Man, that bass is gorgeous! It looks so much better than it did when the last guy owned it. :bag:

Congrats and enjoy!

6. ...are you SURE you want to provoke that one???

:ninja:

7. I figure it's my duty...if Adam is gonna' rock red power ranger wrist watches, I have a moral obligation. :D

8. Darkstrike

Sep 14, 2007
    Thanks dude, I was really suprised how little trouble there was, that there was none, to be precise.

And I'll make plenty of music, probably won't be wonderful though!:eek:
    Thats what I keep telling myself anyway, :D

Thanks man!:)

9. dataBASS5

dataBASS5

Nov 8, 2006
    Raleigh, NC

Heh. Heh. Yeah, what ^HE^ said! :eyebrow:

rosc5863_1-1.

Oh, it hurts to look at this picture. :bawl::bawl::bawl:

Congrats once again! I imagine you sitting next to this bass in some dimly lit pub drinking a dark lukewarm beer. A group of lads across the room are verbally bashing Old Milwaukee. There's a drunk sitting on your other side and he urges you along with "Agh, c'mon. . . you'll have a drink! It's only a kidney!"

Greg, what (if anything) did you change about the setup before it left? My settings were board straight (no relief) and 100-80-80-80-80 on the StewMac from B to G.

10. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Oh, I just put a smidge of relief in the neck and dropped the strings all the way down :)

I like my action so low I can play by just breathing on the strings... a tiny bit of relief is usually needed to keep the buzzing down when you get it that low.

I don't measure, so I can't offer up any numbers to compare... I just keep dropping the strings down until they buzz, then take it up a hair.

11. dataBASS5

dataBASS5

Nov 8, 2006
    Raleigh, NC

Oh, NICE! :cool:

No wonder he was so happy. If he got it the way I like it he may have been disappointed. I dig in when I play if I start getting emotional = lots of air under the strings. :D

I'd be curious to hear about Vic's setup at camp. The way he double thumbs I wonder if he has almost put a finger through the body!?!

12. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    I've heard Victor's not a super low action kida guy, which makes sense as much as he thrashes on a bass at times...

His hands are a trip, too. Stubby little fingers with flat tips, you can just tell that he grew up playing bass from a really young age. It's like his body adapted to become the ultimate bass player.

I played a Fodera last time I was at the camp, but it wasn't his... I would love to have the chance to play one of his basses, just to see if I can make it sound like him... I'm guessing not.

13. Darkstrike

Sep 14, 2007
    :eek: Fate.........

Slight relif is how it arrived, 2mm at the 17th fret on the B, to 1.2mm on the G at the 17th, IIRC, its about 2mm on the E, and gets lower on the A, and is even closer to the 1.2 on the D.

And yeah, Greg, all it takes is a slight breath, or hard look to play a note!:eek:

14. Darkstrike

Sep 14, 2007
    Odd, I read he's a super low action guy, like 1mm across the board....

15. Darkstrike

Sep 14, 2007
    There is zero way I'd could have been dissapointed, I would have just had to give it a run across with an allen key is all, and I can play high action too, but I would never had got the setup this sweet myself.

16. Bada-boomsky. :D

17. ...have you been watching Keith set up basses?

:confused:

;)

That's EXACTLY how they're set up from the shop, and the same setup I've given every bass I've ever owned as well - remember the setup on my fretted? That was me, not Keith, he never actually did a setup on that one - he did set up the fretless, which hasn't been adjusted since.

(Adam, wanna tell 'em your nickname here in the shop? :bag: :D )