Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Props to BBE; bmax service

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Chef, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I had the "too much input gain" syndrome with my bbe bmax...ya know the one where you just can't turn it up past 2? Also, it was very noisy/buzzy, like a bad ground, bad cable...something.
    I talked to Memo Romero at BBE service, and he fixed her right up for me. Lowered the input gain, replaced the 2 prong power cord with a three prong cord, and made sure that all the solder joints to the chassis were good...and shipped it back to me all at no charge.
    Pleasant guy to deal with, and great level of service. I can't wait to get it back and slap it into service. Just wanted to post a public thanks!

chef

2. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Please let us know how you like it after the mods.

3. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    will do

4. eots

eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    Why didn't it already have a 3 prong power cord?

5. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    'caused they all ship with 2 prong. dunno why, maybe the expect it to gorund thru rack mounting or something.

6. bassjamn

bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    I was speaking with Memo recently too, and about to send mine back for RMA repairs.

about the problems you were having Chef, It might be similar to mine. In addition to the noise, Was your volume cutting out every once in a while? Where you had to pluck really hard to get the input level to "Punch" back in?

7. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO

nosir, just couldn't turn it up, and always had a bad ground buzzzzzzzzzz......

8. bassjamn

bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    ok, thanks...I'll leave the investigation to Memo & the BBE experts :cool:

9. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Back in service, and much more servicable. I can turn up the gain to wherever I want, no more ground buzzzz.
    Very nice;)