1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

PROPS to EMG's Customer Service!!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by .BumeStik., Aug 24, 2012.

1. .BumeStik.

.BumeStik.

Jul 15, 2012
    Gilbert, AZ
    I ordered a EMG BTC Control to try in a MTD CRB through a company called Gearnuts.com. Got it today, opened it up, and 2 wires and the battery clip are missing. Ugh....
    Called Gearnuts and could not get anyone to answer. Left a message and they Did call me right back.
    The lady at Gearnuts was polite and helpful, but basically made it sound like unless I wanted to return it, they had to contact EMG direct and it would take a while to get me parts, if at all. I immediately got of the phone with Gearnuts and called EMG direct.
    Phone was answered FIRST RING by Stephanie at EMG. Explained to her the situation. I wasn't really expecting any resolve from EMG Directly because I bought the BTC from an outside vendor, whom Stephanie told me was Not an Authorized EMG dealer...
    She promptly asked me what was missing if I knew. I told her and she said "Okay, the missing parts will be in the mail!".
    No him nor haw, she just got my address and now my problem is fixed, with no charge or grief. :hyper: :D
    The part I thought was coolest is that once I get the BTC installed, Stephanie wants me to call her back and let her know if it works correctly Because Gearnuts is not an Authorized dealer! She even wants to keep the Quality Control up on the people that Sell EMG Products! :bassist::D
    So, long story short, PROPS TO EMG CUSTOMER SERVICE and Stephanie for a VERY Positive experience!

2. mixx80

mixx80

Nov 2, 2009
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist:Lakland Basses
    OH NO ! Mine is due to be here tomorrow from Gearnuts. I hope that I don't the same problem.:eek:

3. Smilodon

Smilodon Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Norway
    Always nice with companies that are easy to work with when things first go wrong. :)

Mixx80: No need to worry. The products are the same regardless of whether or not the dealer is authorized. It seems like EMG are willing to sort out problems anyways, so it should be fine. :)

4. mixx80

mixx80

Nov 2, 2009
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist:Lakland Basses
    I was just hoping all of the parts show up together and I don't have to use customer service.

5. .BumeStik.

.BumeStik.

Jul 15, 2012
    Gilbert, AZ
    Hopefully they DO all show up together. The lady at Gearnuts told me they were OUT of the BTC at this point with no ETA on next shipment! :eek:
    Hopefully I got the funny one and Yours will be ok! Also, you probably want to know, I thought I ordered the old style that you have to Solder because of the pic and description, BUT, the one that showed up is the SOLDERLESS, Newer model with the quick connect doo-hickies....
    Some people don't want the Solderless, so heads up. I don't personally care....:rollno:
    Anyway, keep us posted on what you have show up, if you would Mixx80! I would Love to know how it goes for you! :D
    I ordered the Single knob, coentric bass/treble BTC also. You may have ordered a Different one?

6. mmbongo

mmbongo Dilly Dilly! Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Why are people ordering from somewhere other than bestbassgear.com?

7. .BumeStik.

.BumeStik.

Jul 15, 2012
    Gilbert, AZ
    I think I learned my Lesson..... ;)

8. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    EMG rules. Used them for decades, just started using them again after rediscovering passives for a while. Really enjoying them in my P Lyte. Good to know they've got happening CS!

9. Smilodon

Smilodon Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Norway
    Doesn't the PCB on the BTC have solder pads for soldering wires directly?

I'm currently looking for the old version of the BTC, but it isn't made anymore. :( Looks like the only option is to get a new one and desolder the PCB.