Props to Pacman

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by lump, Jun 12, 2004.

1. lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    Hey all,

I finally got to meet fellow zoomie Jon P., along with his beautiful wife and daughter (and friggin' dinosaur-sized dog). :eek: They were gracious enough to allow me into their home in San Antonio for brats and beers, and I had a wonderful time (his daughter even drew a chalk greeting card on the patio, which chokes me up just thinking about it). We got to trade war stories, and Jon played just enough of his "totally unmixed" big band stuff to convince me to quit bass playing altogether. :spit: ;) He SMOKES, and for a guy who (allegedly) ;) has been playing upright only three years, he's insane. You taxpayers are definitely getting your money's worth outta this guy.

Thanks to you and yours for taking me in, Jon. Folks like the Pacman Clan are what it's all about. :cool:
  2. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Yeah, no kidding. Homey's been putting in some serious time in the shed, that's for sure. I've already told him he's not allowed to ever move to Louisville.
  3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i can verify that he did in fact start double bass 3 years ago. i heard him play it when he got it. :p ;).

4. lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    LMAO. Now that I think of it, he did say he was a master at Pro Tools. ;)

And in keeping with the fine AF tradition of "F*** your buddy"...

You should see his collection of pedals. :p
  5. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Oh, that hurts! Lump, I told you I've got to send that back! (Along with his wedding present - we here at Chez Packard aren't the best mailers...)

By the way, thanks for the wine! We didn't even notice it untill after you'd left. Very kind gesture (and Blackstone is one of our favorites), you're welcome here anytime. And if you move to San Antone, you can have those lessons....

It was great meeting you - come back anytime.

The same goes for any of my other fellow TBers - if you're in San Antonio, give me a call! mi casa, and all.
  6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga

lol. our 3rd anniversary is coming up on the 24th :D hint hint.
  7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Awww, TB is full of such nice people.

You're a good man, Pac Daddy.
  8. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Yes - I was just listening to "invention in D Minor" from the DB sampler MP3 and the bass has a great acoustic tone and a really nice feel - wonderful playing....

But what really suprised me is that I can't imagine the British Armed Forces doing anything so COOL!! ;)
  9. lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    The Brits I've worked with (not musicians) have definitely been cool enough--I doubt they'd be SOBER enough though. ;)
  10. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    when i had the chance to hang with Pac at a local Starbucks for about an hour, i had a blast, he's good people!

if i wasn't so dam anal about raising my baby Rottie (i just want to stay home as much as possible - his bladder is still weak), i'm sure i'd be drinking a few beers with him.

11. Brits? You mean Irish! :smug: :p

:bag: :ninja:
  12. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    Pac, I'm gonna have to head your weekend once I get back in school. Its just a few hours from Waco to San Annie, so it wouldn't be unbearable :)

Maybe Brad and I can carpool or somethin' :D