Props to Sweetwater

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by blipndub, Apr 1, 2005.

1. I've mostly used MF in the past, cuz they're easy and fast, but Sweetwater was having a free shipping sale. I bought a Yamaha mixer and a Samson power amp at the same price everyone else had them for.

I placed the order online at about noon, when I got home at 4 there was a message on my machine from the sales agent at SW saying, wanted to let you know we got the order, it will ship on monday, call me if you have any questions, thanks for choosing Sweetwater, yadda yadda. I got another email notice when the items shipped, and another the day they arrived (less than a week, for free!). The email i got on the delivery day was just a check in, hope you're happy, what else can we do, etc.

Now, I've chosen to do most of my shopping for gear on line because I hate music store attitudes. I've grown used to the clinical customer service from a lot of retailers, but I was really impressed with the human contact that SW added to the convenience of online shopping. I felt taken care of, but not bugged. Sounds sappy but I felt like they actually cared about me, my order, and my satisfaction.

So anyway, thought I would share.

As a bonus they sent me their fat recording catalog a few days after the order. All kinds of amazing recording gear to lust after.
  2. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    I've had similar experience with them, top notch. My only issue with them is their pricing is typically higher than I can get elsewhere. I guess you pay a little for good service.
  3. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I am all for paying a little extra for good service. There selection is far superior, there phone sales people are knowledgeble, most are actually muscians, theres a novel idea :) I deal with them on all none bass musical needs, try to keep the bass stores happy on the bass stuff. Anything not to support MF ( which is just GC mail order the Wal Mart of the music business).
  4. I'll pay a little more for good service too. But MF has never provided me Bad service, it's just not really service at all. Feels more like a vending machine than anything else.
  5. Sweetwater is really a nice company.

They definitely value our business.
  6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    It's funny how we all interpret things. For me, I prefer the "vending machine" approach sometimes. I don't want e-mails and phone calls. I would just prefer to put up the money, and get my item with little to no contact. That is why I have always liked internet shopping.

7. I'm looking at their Big Fat Catalog right now. It is generally always a good day when one arrives int he mail.

One of these days I might actually buy something out of it too.
  8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I've had very good experience with Sweetwater. Brian Conn over there had ProCo make some custom Guardian Fat Max cables for me, and I had them within a week and a half of making the order. He stays in touch after the sale, too.

I'd like to mention others with whom I've had good experiences, too.

American Musical Supply ~ big, but excellent return policies
    Rik's Music ~ very good guys, very good prices
    Northern Sound and Light ~ more than fair to me, also best prices
    Parts Express ~ quick service, lots of doo-dads
    The Bass Place ~ very friendly people
    and, of course, Bass Central ~ the evil Gard. What can I say?

And one perfectly rotten experience:

Music123 ~ clueless knuckleheads, awful service.
  9. Sweetwater= my dad's crack dealer.
  10. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    I've bought a lot from SW and they've always done right by me. Normally the prices are at or above (just a little) other stores but once I talk to the sales rep's I can always get a better deal by either getting reduced/free shipping or a discount if I use my SW card.