prosteels or super slinkys??

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by jake_tim, Jul 13, 2005.

1. jake_tim

Jun 28, 2005
    North Carolina
    well my basses need new strings and im trying to make the choice between Ernie Ball super slinkys(my strings now) or D'Addario ProSteels. i hear that the new prosteels are really nice, i was just wondering if anyone has used them, help will be apreciated, thanx

2. Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    Why do you wanna change your slinkys? I love mine, its the only thing I'll play, unless I find something better. Im that much of an idiot. Why dont you just buy a set of both and than string up with the diadrio's *can't spell their name* and than if you dont like em take em off. If you like them you can sell the slinkys or return them or something.
  3. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    Are the Slinkies steel? I've never played with Ernie Ball strings, so my opinion is gonna be very biased.

Get the ProSteels. They really are as good as they say they are. I used them in place of Elixir Nanowebs on my Ibanez 6er for about 3 months, and the tone was superb. Singing highs, growling, tight lows. Slap and tap was to die for. The only real issue is that they die, unlike my Elixirs, and the B I had (.130) was not tapered, so I had to drop the action on my B saddle in order to get it to fit at first.

I'd say to try 'em out. The feel of steels (very rough compared to my Elixirs) just wasn't for me in the end.
  4. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Try 'em out. Only way to know for sure.

I like them, you may not.