1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ProTec cases?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Phat Ham, Jul 17, 2001.

1. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    I was asking some shops about hard shell cases and ProTec cases came up. Does anyone know anything about these cases? Are they any good? I emailed ProTec about their cases but got no answer.

2. I think I might have a ProTec 6 space rack. It's ok, but it hasn't been through anything major yet! Just trips to my friends house in the trunk. Actually, it might have been a CubeTec, I don't know. Sorry I didn't help!

3. I have an Ultralite case made by ProTec that came with my Lull bass. Sadowsky and Ken Lawrence also use these cases. The ultralite is like a cross between a gigbag and a hard case. I normally use my gig bag aroung town, the Ultralite in the van or trunk and my ATA style case (made by a company called Protech!!) when gear is shipped or travels separately from me. The Protec is a great case. It is light, convenient and looks good. I wouldn't put anything heavy on top of the case but it is a great substitute for my gig bag. I believe it would be a good alternative for people who like the portability of a bag but want a little more protection.

4. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    The reason why I was asking about ProTec cases was because I want a case that is sturdy enough to take the beating it would get if I checked it on a plane. But I guess ProTec isn't the way to go.

Hey BassBoy, how much did your ATA case cost?

5. Phat, my ATA style case was custom made in Montreal for $220 CAN (about 150 US) It was custom fit so I could place my bass in a gig bag into it.