Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ProTec cases?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Phat Ham, Jul 17, 2001.

1. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    I was asking some shops about hard shell cases and ProTec cases came up. Does anyone know anything about these cases? Are they any good? I emailed ProTec about their cases but got no answer.

2. I think I might have a ProTec 6 space rack. It's ok, but it hasn't been through anything major yet! Just trips to my friends house in the trunk. Actually, it might have been a CubeTec, I don't know. Sorry I didn't help!

3. I have an Ultralite case made by ProTec that came with my Lull bass. Sadowsky and Ken Lawrence also use these cases. The ultralite is like a cross between a gigbag and a hard case. I normally use my gig bag aroung town, the Ultralite in the van or trunk and my ATA style case (made by a company called Protech!!) when gear is shipped or travels separately from me. The Protec is a great case. It is light, convenient and looks good. I wouldn't put anything heavy on top of the case but it is a great substitute for my gig bag. I believe it would be a good alternative for people who like the portability of a bag but want a little more protection.

4. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    The reason why I was asking about ProTec cases was because I want a case that is sturdy enough to take the beating it would get if I checked it on a plane. But I guess ProTec isn't the way to go.

Hey BassBoy, how much did your ATA case cost?

5. Phat, my ATA style case was custom made in Montreal for $220 CAN (about 150 US) It was custom fit so I could place my bass in a gig bag into it.