1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Protecting my bass from scratches and friction!

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by WhoSeyes, Sep 5, 2008.

1. WhoSeyes

WhoSeyes

Aug 18, 2008
    Barcelona.
    Hi everyone, I own this Fender P Highway american bass with a bone-white matt coat (dunno the official name of the color, sorry) since a couple of years ago.

The problem is that the paint coat keeps falling only with the contact of my waist (and I'm not wearing metal belts or stuff like that) and wrist.

You know, I like how my bass looks with those war skars, but the problem is that I won't be able to sell it now (or it will be more difficult) and also I want to protect my brand new alpine white telecaster from my dangerous waist and wrist grooves, hehe.

If you've had the same problem and know how to solve that, help me!

Thanks in advance, people!

2. bassforce

bassforce Guest

Feb 7, 2007
    You want no scratches? Dont play it. Didn't you read fender.com? Highway Ones are MADE to scratch and feade easily.
    They show "wear and tear" way much faster than any other guitars from any brands.

You bought your bass to play or to sell? Play and enjoy your bass, it will sound better and better every year :)

3. WhoSeyes

WhoSeyes

Aug 18, 2008
    Barcelona.
    I bought it to sell it! No way, just kidding, hehe.

I didn't know that highway were so scratchy, will that also occur to my telecaster or to the Tony Franklin's fretted PJ bass that I'm gonna get sooner or later?

I really don't think I'll sell any of my stuff, I put too of myself in my most loved possessions, but since I came in these forums a couple of weeks ago, I've seen that here a lot of people buys and sells 2on hand stuff, you know, and I've began to change (just a little) my mind.

Thanks for your answer!

4. bassforce

bassforce Guest

Feb 7, 2007
    If the tele is a Highway One it will get scratchy. Don't worry, fenders are supposed to be nasty ;)

T Franklin will wear just like normal bass :) Maybe a little more, because you will enjoy playing it so much, that you'll play all day on ;)

5. WhoSeyes

WhoSeyes

Aug 18, 2008
    Barcelona.
    Hehe, thanks A LOT.

Thread is over!