Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

protective cases for amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ekimosis, May 30, 2005.

1. ekimosis

ekimosis

May 25, 2005
    I bought a new SVT3 Pro today. My old amp was in a rack mount case that was the exact dimensions of my amp so it worked great for bringing it to shows and what not and protecting my amp. I would like to get one that fits exactly to my new SVT3 but dont know where to look. It is 19" x 3.5" x 15.5". I dont have any other gear to put in a rack and dont plan on buying any so I want something that fits it snug. Any suggestions? Thanks!

2. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    Perfectly? No.

But IIRC the SVTIII Pro is a two space rackmountable amp.

Click HERE for a good 2 space rack. Yeah, the picture is of a bigger rack but you will get the idea.

It is a little deeper than you want (3.5") but heck, that is a great place to stick your speaker cables.

:D

Joe.

3. The SVT-3 Pro fits perfectly in a two space rackmount. Gator makes shorter cases where the SVT-3 fits in perfectly... without any reserve in the back. http://www.gatorcases.com/

4. 7thbass

7thbass

Nov 21, 2003
    Houston, Tx
    I had a rack case in which the hardware clasp that closes and secures the ends of the rack were mounted on the body of the rack, not the rack ends. When I put the rack on my cab, made an unholy amount of racket.

So, look for clasps connected to the removable ends of the rack.

Also, be aware of how much space top/bottom/sides to allow air to cool the amp.

5. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    If you mean just a rack case, then I guess that's covered. But if you're talking about one where you don't have to use any screws or anything and it would just sit in there snug, safe, and secure... I'd talk to Calzone. They seem to have pretty good prices, IMO.

P.S. Are you enjoying the SVT3 so far?

6. Mine has them on the main body of the rack, and i dont get any rattling coming from them, just make sure the latches are clicked back and it should be fine, + if its making enough vibration to make the rattle annoying, how can you hear the rattle :p

7. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Not wanting to hijack, but don't wanna make another thread either...

Wheres a good place to get a case for a non-rackable amp? It'l either be a Trace V8 or Sunn 300T..

8. My preference is Barry Cases in St. Louis - http://www.affordable-cases.com

-- Dan --