1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Protest The Hero - Fortress

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Sonic_Death, Feb 20, 2008.

1. So how many other people are digging this album?

I have been listening to it a lot since the day it came out and can't get enough of it. I liked their previous release, Kezia, but I think this album is definitely a big step up. I was upset that I didn't hear as many backing vocals from Arif, but his great basslines make up for it.

The vocals have definitely improved, and I think they are a lot more solid in their approach to the music. Plus the actual lyrical content was very refined and interesting, it was a good concept album.

Feel free to discuss, and if you have not heard of Protest The Hero before, they are a very good band who I would define was a mix of Metalcore, Prog Metal, and Hardcore.

2. Cool! I didn't even know they had a new album out. I really liked Kezia so I'm gonna be buying this one soon. Arif is definitely an awesome bassist.

3. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    i dig it, as you know

4. matthiasss

matthiasss

Jan 21, 2008
    Lovin' this album, Palms Read!! I like that Acoustic towards the end of Bone Marrow also. Arif is just a monster on Fortress ( as always ).

5. RandomEvent

RandomEvent

Nov 10, 2007
    This and Meshuggah's new album have been getting heavy rotation for me.

6. Arif is a monster player for sure!

7. MarchingPig

MarchingPig

Jan 16, 2007
    Norway
    I got tired of the 80´s pop-metal-voice the guy had at times..

8. bassaficionado6

bassaficionado6 Something about gumption

Jan 7, 2008
    Napa, CA
    Great album. Whenever I listen to it I have to listen to the whole thing. Great flow. Arif is a beast.

9. I think the vocalist is actually one of the best out there from the whole metalcore thing. I mean, he can actually sing and hit those notes and yet he can also growl which is awesome.

10. keillor

keillor

May 4, 2008
    West Vancouver
    So I shouldn't feel like a chump for not being able to play these parts? Good, ok, I'm satisfied ...:meh:

Haha no I really like the album though, and the bass parts. Hopefully I'll be nailing them someday soon.

11. TrevorOfDoom

TrevorOfDoom Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Austin, TX
    great stuff! i stay away from most bands like this just because it's overdone and there's a serious lack of creativity and originality (IMO), but these guys have got the goods! me likey!

12. alexbrownebass

alexbrownebass Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Yes, PTH fans on TalkBass!
    I've been listening to this album for a couple months now. It's a lot more balls-out than Kezia, and more technical. Arif does a great job, too. I'm curious to see how he develops as a player and PTH as a band in the future.

13. PTH is just great !!!
    Fortress went more to the metal, less hardcore than kezia. Not as catchy as Kezia was but still a great album, and with more technical skills.
    Bloodmeat is there best song (IMO), I couldn't believe you could do something so bad ass with pentatonics and a diminished fifth (blues scale).