1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Proud of myself.

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Paulabass, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Paulabass

Paulabass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2017
    With my jazz/lounge band I usually play fretless for about three songs that really call for it.
    Last night I played the whole show fretless for the first time ever, including while singing.
    I'm proud of myself. No dogs began to howl, police were not called, and I still have a job.
    That's progress.

2. craigie

craigie

Nov 11, 2015
    calgary
    I’m proud of you too Paula!

Actually I find it so much harder to hear the bass when I’m singing with a mono IEM feed that I mean it.

I did a gig recently with just the leader from the new band I’ve joined. At the end he said “that’s a fretless? I didn’t realize!” Is that good or bad? ;)

Stumbo and saabfender like this.
  3. saabfender

saabfender

Jan 10, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Wanna really feel like a star now? Play one of your fretted basses. It’ll seem like the easiest thing in the world.

4. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Very cool, Paula. It's good to push ourselves out of our comfort zone sometimes.
    You done good.:thumbsup:

5. Well cool. That's gotta be a nice feeling.

6. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Congrats. I know the feeling. I've only done it once in my life, with a band that wouldn't know or care if I was a half note off on everything :). The feeling was kind of like the first time I rode a 2 wheel bike.