Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Proud owner of an Eden rig!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Brendan, Aug 25, 2001.

1. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Yes, I went in today, and put down the the money, and am now thundering away through my WT-300 and D-410XLT. This thing is massive. My initial reaction was a little "eh", but then I got the hang of the semi-parametric EQ (as opposed to the Graphic EQ), and man, I'm loving the tone I'm getting. Got the bass cranked a little, and whoomp! I'm now dying to try this thing out with a band...oh man oh man...This is pretty sweet. The pawnshop cost me 950, but brand new, this would cost over 2000 in Muscians Friend. And here I am, loving it...The XLT is even bigger than my whole other 15" combo I was playing through. And then the amp...well, that's a dream, especially with the "Enhance" at about 2'oclock.

I'm so proud! Now I'm off to update my profile. Crate...psh...:D:D

2. Welcome to the dark side...mwahahahahaha!![​IMG]

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Congrats, Brendan! Now you see what the hell we're talking about. I've been playing through that exact same rig for about 5 years now, and I have no GAS for amps (except for maybe moving to a WT-800). I have added a few cabs for variety (a D-210XLT and a D-115XL), but the 410 is still my favorite single cab.

The best way to do the EQ thing is set everything at 12 o'clock, set the bass freq around 60 hz, mid at about 800 hz and treble at about 3K hz. Then, if you like smily face, try putting the enhance knob at about 1 or 2 o'clock. More smily, add one or two clicks of bass, and cut the mid one or two clicks. I like to leave the treble at 12 o'clock.

For a nice jazz growl or fretless mwah, start with everything at 12 again, then move enhance to about 9 to 11 o'clock, boost the mid one or two clicks, and you're there. I like to add a click or two of bass to this for a little fuller sound.

As you can see, a little EQ goes a long way with this amp. It's not hard to overdo it, so be careful.

Congrats again!

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Munji...this WT-300 is a piece of gold...:) I love it. I was initially kinda dissapointed. It wasn't *quite* what I was looking for. It was just kinda, you know, not it. Then...then...well, I read what you posted, and tried everything at 12, instead of a roughly frownyface (which is what I use...stupid modern Smiley :)) And then, whammo! Almost perfect. Crank the bass up two clicks, and the lows one click, and the Low EQ pot (30-200hz) to in between two and three oclock, and man, that's IT..smooth, almost sounds like a 15", which I like. The lows and the mids are about even, and the Highes are one click cut. It's great!

Couple of questions (no manual, :() What is the function of the Grnd/Lift switch in back? And, on the back of the cab, I have a 0-10 knob...what's that? I'm not gonna funk up my new stuff without knowing first. Also, Do you know what this thing runs Bi-amped? (RMS) This is such sweetness. Not to mention the fact that none of this stuff has a scratch on it. It doesn't even look like it's seen a gig.

Only downside...with the tweeter (and tens, instead of a 15), the clicks when my strings occasionally hit exposed poles on my pups are picked up big time...Only one minor gripe. Not bad. Not bad at all...:D

5. The Grnd/Lift switch allows you to put a ground lift on the built-in DI. This can be useful if the venue's wiring is crap.

The knob on the back of the cab is the tweeter attenuator. Does it say "flat" at the 12 o'clock position?

The WT-300 doesn't biamp. The WT-500 and above can biamp, but the 300 and 400 do not have biamp capability.

6. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Yes...yes it does.

7. LowfreqB

LowfreqB

Nov 10, 2000
    United States
    Congrats on your new rig. I have a Eden Navigator preamp and I too have no gas for new amps, this thing can do it all.

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Congrats, Brendan, and welcome to the fold of happy Eden owners.

9. Yes, congratulations are in order. I never got compliments on my tone when I was using an SVT-III to push my D-210T; now, with a WT-300 and a couple of D-210Ts, I get rave reviews. Too bad I stink ;)

10. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    You da man, Brendan! Good move, amigo. I dig my Eden's no end. Very cool. Howzit feel to be a tone god?

11. melvin

melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    I wish I could by the Eden cab I want :( I guess I have to wait and listen to you guys brag about the power I will hopefully have soon.

12. alembicbones

alembicbones

Nov 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    Brendan,

I too must congratulate you on your choice of an Eden rig. I own a D 410-T and a D 410-XLT. You will be able to sound very loud and very tight for many years to come.

Best Wishes,

Bones

13. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    Nice going! I love Edens myself. I just got the 4x10XLT and the 118XL and boy do they put out! Large, loud, and tone for days. I much prefer them to the Mesa Boogies that I had recently. Now I am going to have to A/B the Mesa Basis M-2000 with a Navigator Pre + QSC amp and see who wins. Have fun!

14. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    ...ok, the attenuator does what? (Complete ignorance kicking in here, but oh well...)

15. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    If you start at 12 o'clock and turn the attenuator to the left, it cuts the signal to the tweeter, giving you less treble in the sound. Turn it to the right, more treble. 12 o'clock is not too much treble, not too little treble, but "right down the ol' groove."

16. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Never ...I mean NEVER turn the control to full on, or to the right. You will blow your tweeter sure as anything.

17. Hmm...I've had the tweeter all the way open before and I still haven't blown it. I just don't like the sound very much. Leaving it at 60-70% is fine by me.

FWIW, whenever I loan out my rig (I live in a musicians' dorm, I let people borrow it occasionally), I always turn off the tweeters. This way, I don't have to worry about thickheaded punk rockers getting the cords pulled out of their cheap P-bass copies when they decide to stagedive with bass in hand.

18. Welcome my Eden brother. I play about the same rig and have no regrets. Their pricey but well worth the money. I havent even thought about getting another rig. Power for days and its no problem getting a sound that will cut ether.CONGRATS !!

Dave

--------------------------------------------------
    If the world didn`t suck we would all fall off