Proud Papa!! (NBD)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by throughmylens87, Jul 25, 2013.

1. throughmylens87

throughmylens87

Oct 9, 2011
    Here's a pic of my very proud brother holding the first bass we've built together. She's a beauty!

Attached Files:

2. jmverdugo

jmverdugo

Oct 11, 2012
    Katy TX
    Very nice, very classy!

3. vicvarado

vicvarado

May 10, 2008
    Sabinal, Texas
    +1
    Are those stacked knobs?

4. throughmylens87

throughmylens87

Oct 9, 2011
    Thanks for the compliments! The knobs are for volume only. I rarely use tone knobs so we decided not to include one.

5. theory028

theory028 Really Loud Hamburger. Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Is the output of the pickups routed directly to the jack or is there still a capacitor? I've been thinking about trying out one of the Stellartone Tone Stylers for bass and, from what I've gathered, the wide open setting is as if the pickups were connected directly to the jack. I'm curious how that sounds on a Jazz bass.

Beautiful work, by the way. If you ever get a chance to record some sound clips, I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like to hear them.

6. throughmylens87

throughmylens87

Oct 9, 2011
    Thanks! The body wood was acquired from Carvin (one piece alder body). The birdseye maple top was cut from a piece of wood I bought from a local saw mill approximately 7 years ago. This is the first piece I've used. There's about 12 more feet left of that board.

7. throughmylens87

throughmylens87

Oct 9, 2011
    Thanks for the kind words. Yes the output is wired direct to the jack sans capacitor. If I get a chance I'll try and get some clips recorded. The pups are an older set from an '08-11 AM Std Jazz. I may put in some Fralin's or Lollar's in the future.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021