Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Proudest Gig Moment

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by bassvirtuoso13, Apr 18, 2001.

1. Well we played a concert at Berklee. My guitarist and drummer were performing a duet and the guitarist got up on the mic and told the audience I was going to perform an original composition by myself. I HAD NO original composition and my guitarist loves making me make songs up off the top of my head. I played for 7 minutes atleast with two effects from my Eventide and I snuck in part of the solo to Joe Satriani's "Surfing With the ALien" (yes Im a bassist) and after I finished ppl were going nuts. I never felt so good in all my life.

2. lump

lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    Cool.

By the way, it's the University of California at Berkeley that's in California. The Berklee College of Music is in Boston, Mass.

You might need to change your profile.

3. No Im from Cali. And that is where my REAL home is.

4. BassicRob

BassicRob

Mar 28, 2001
    Massapequa, NY
    If you had no original compositions, then what do you have sitting on your "Macintush," that is available for you ears only. Are they pieces arranged for bass? Like what?

I'm sure you can figure out someway of getting those off you computer. If you think quality will sacrifice, then listen to mine on my web page. Quality sucks but not bad for improv and the lenght of time I was playing bass

5. My comps on my computer are overdubbed. Playing them without a loop would be almost impossible. I would have to find a way to move the Mac from my guitarist's room to mine.

6. That is where I record my stuff. There is no room left in my room (across from his) but I would have to remove the computer (no net access either) and find a place to set up in my room. Maybe when he gets connected to the Internet you can hear it.

7. Here is a partial tab to one of my songs.
    Tab is for six string bass.

-------------------12-14-24----------------
    -------------------12-12--0-x---------------
    -----------------x-----------x------x--------
    --------3-------x--------------x------x------
    ----------4----------------------x----------
    -1-4-3------6-----------------------------

------------------------------------
    ----------17-20-17-----------------
    -------17----------17--------------
    -15-18----------------18-----------

*played very fast

8. BassicRob

BassicRob

Mar 28, 2001
    Massapequa, NY
    Invest in a null modem or ethernet cable. Always good to have with more than one comp anyways.

9. cant put a mac and a pc together dude

10. lump

lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    I thought Berklee dropped Tab 101...

Sorry - didn't see the other threads challenging our friend's veracity. Guess I'm not the first. A teenager with a gear catalog and an internet connection is a dangerous thing.

Dude, you're not fooling anyone. Give it up. If you really want to be part of this community, sit out for a few sets, dump the bogus username and re-register with a new email address. You're only humiliating yourself. bassvirtuoso13 needs to disappear.

There are players of ALL levels of ability on this board, from rank beginners to well-established pros, and they all have something to contribute. I bet you do too. But you need to step out of fantasy land.

Ya dig?

lumpsupergenious37

11. Listen to yourself lump, a teenager with a gear catalog, please. If you think you are going to get me to change my name with that sh*t you are sadly mistaken. The fact that I chose a name that was both self centered and arrogant should not bother you that much (maybe it should because thats why I chose it). Anyway, I'm the lucky bastard going to Berklee and you're not so :b

*That was a bit immature {{{sorry}}}

Really I am 22 and I do go to Berklee and I get my kicks by pissing off as many people as I possibly can.

12. Hell I didnt know thirteen year old knew what "virtuoso" meant. Guess I DO need to get out more often.

Humbly apologetic,
    Bass Virtuoso

13. gonzo85

gonzo85

Mar 25, 2001
    Thats pathetic. And don't spell it ppl, you sound liek a 13 year old girl.

14. gonzo85

gonzo85

Mar 25, 2001
    When I was thirteen I knew what virtuoso meant.

15. You liar!

I didn't spell it "ppl" just read it again and you'll see.

16. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    :rolleyes: wow, that must be a record. usually the fools who come around to do that are about 10 years younger.

17. An average of 126 post per day!? :rolleyes:

Wow.

Canadianbassmans revenge.

18. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Aren't we giving him a bit TOO much credit?

Wow, i hope im not that dumb and snotty when I go to *Berklee*.

Dude, my brother visited there when he was scoping out colleges. He said that I could make it in there right now, and im not 18. Pretty sad thought.

If you do in fact go there, all you're doing in reinforcing the notion that its all snob appeal and absolutely no musical content anymore.

19. Um, just for the record, yes you can.

Hey, don't you have a lab or something? . ;)

20. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    gee, i wonder if this proud and fabulous gig moment is caught on tape anywhere.

you know, if i weren't a moderator, i'd call this guy a total loser. but i won't, because i'm a moderator, and i have to love everybody. :D