1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Proudest moment as a bass player

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by kirbywrx, Nov 16, 2003.

1. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I was at band prac the other day, and we were coming to the bridge of a song, and the guitarist had screwed his pedals up or something, he had chosen the wrong path or what not. i saw him look at me and go 'bass solo for 16 bars' and right away, i played a solo with the drummer. in key, completley improvised. not only did i amaze myself, it sounded remotley decent and i think i impressed the guitarist!

This would have to be one of my proudest moments as a bass player, along with the time when i taught a little 13 year old correct right hand position :D

i just though id share my experience, and ask you all what your proudest moment is. tell us, no matter how big or small it may seem, jsut let it out :D

2. Me and my friend(bassist too) jammed to like 2-3 songs in his computer room one time(we both had the same size practice amps,and he played the songs through his comp) I had a blast! it was not really proud...but my most fun:)

A proud moment would be I guess when I played for my friend over the internet(adapter plugged into where mic was) and she had the speakers up loud,and her mom and her said I was really good *blush*

Congrats man,I think that'd be hard as crap to do a improvised solo just like that:)

3. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    I think the proudest moment I ever had as a bass player was when my dad bought me a new SWR SM-500 head. I was really surprised, but he told me I was turning into a fantastic player and that I deserved it, and the he and my mother fully supported me as a musician. It's nice to get that kind of feedback from an ex-professional musician (and a father).

It's a modest moment, but I think thats when I realized I might actually be able to succeed in music.

By the way, cool thread topic :D

4. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Whenever anyone came up to me after a show and told me they thought I was pretty good.

If anyone comes up to me after a show now that I'm doing vocals, I think I might well faint.

5. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Teaching some scales to a bud that had to play bass for his first period music class, and then teaching him how to slap so he could have some fun ;).

6. I have 2 or 3

1 and 2: getting A+ for my 10 min solo performance in semester 1 and getting A+ for 15 min solo in semester

3: My music teacher telling good things to my parents and then they bought me a new bass