Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Proudest moment as a bass player

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by kirbywrx, Nov 16, 2003.

1. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I was at band prac the other day, and we were coming to the bridge of a song, and the guitarist had screwed his pedals up or something, he had chosen the wrong path or what not. i saw him look at me and go 'bass solo for 16 bars' and right away, i played a solo with the drummer. in key, completley improvised. not only did i amaze myself, it sounded remotley decent and i think i impressed the guitarist!

This would have to be one of my proudest moments as a bass player, along with the time when i taught a little 13 year old correct right hand position :D

i just though id share my experience, and ask you all what your proudest moment is. tell us, no matter how big or small it may seem, jsut let it out :D

2. Me and my friend(bassist too) jammed to like 2-3 songs in his computer room one time(we both had the same size practice amps,and he played the songs through his comp) I had a blast! it was not really proud...but my most fun:)

A proud moment would be I guess when I played for my friend over the internet(adapter plugged into where mic was) and she had the speakers up loud,and her mom and her said I was really good *blush*

Congrats man,I think that'd be hard as crap to do a improvised solo just like that:)

3. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    I think the proudest moment I ever had as a bass player was when my dad bought me a new SWR SM-500 head. I was really surprised, but he told me I was turning into a fantastic player and that I deserved it, and the he and my mother fully supported me as a musician. It's nice to get that kind of feedback from an ex-professional musician (and a father).

It's a modest moment, but I think thats when I realized I might actually be able to succeed in music.

By the way, cool thread topic :D

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Whenever anyone came up to me after a show and told me they thought I was pretty good.

If anyone comes up to me after a show now that I'm doing vocals, I think I might well faint.

5. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Teaching some scales to a bud that had to play bass for his first period music class, and then teaching him how to slap so he could have some fun ;).

6. I have 2 or 3

1 and 2: getting A+ for my 10 min solo performance in semester 1 and getting A+ for 15 min solo in semester

3: My music teacher telling good things to my parents and then they bought me a new bass