Prove it!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by TheFrizzleFry, Jun 26, 2001.

1. TheFrizzleFry

TheFrizzleFry Guest

Nov 21, 2000
    Stinktown, Pa, USA
    There are some bands that I hear people (On Talkbass and elsewhere) raving about talking about how great they are, but I'm like... hmmm I'll have to take your word for it because I have no idea what they REALLY sound like. Examples

Dream Theater
    Incubus (The Harder Stuff)

So will fans of the following bands tell me their favorite songs by them. Thanks.
  2. Cant really help you out with DT or Incubus, but I'm a huge Radiohead fan. Trust me, you need to listen to Radiohead! Songs you should listen to to get into RH (other Radiohead fans, feel free to disagree! :) ) are:
    Creep (from Pablo Honey)
    The Bends (The Bends)
    High And Dry (The Bends)
    Fake Plastic Trees (The Bends)
    Paranoid Android (OK Computer)
    Lucky (OK Computer)
    Exit Music [for a film] (OK Computer)
    Karma Police (OK Computer)

Ive really just listed to more commercial tracks, the others are just as good though, and deeper. OK Computer really needs to be listened to in its entirety, its a concept album similar to what pink floyd used to do.
    I cant recomend songs to listen to off of the new albums Kid A and Amnesiac, as everybody has a didifferent reaction to these awesome albums.
    Can any other Radioheads add anything?
  3. Incubus
    *Speak Free
    *Pardon Me
    *You Will Be A Hot Dancer
    *Certain Shade of Green
    *New Skin

There are a lot of other ones I like, but I'm brain dead at the moment. :D
  4. incubus:
    certain shade of green
  5. For Radiohead I would also listen to:

Just (The Bends) My fav tune
    You (Pablo Honey)
    Ripcord (Pablo Honey)
    The National Anthem (Kid A)
  6. TheFrizzleFry

TheFrizzleFry Guest

Nov 21, 2000
    Stinktown, Pa, USA
    Alright guys, thanks, to Audiogalaxy I go.
  7. get out and see readiohead live, their albums do nothing for them, they really are a good band live
  8. purple_haze

Jun 29, 2001
    London Town
    buy "the bends" by radiohead.
    then "ok computer"

if you can afford or find them live, do it. they're a great show, and their G*itarist jonny greenwood is always f*cking around with his effects doing crazy stuff.
  9. I agree completely, "the bends" and "ok computer" are the best two albums that I have in my entire collection. I've never seen them live, but that's going to change come September. But I saw a live performance on MTV2 and it really was amazing.
  10. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    If you want good Dream Theater buy Images And Words or Awake..My fav DT songs are Lie, Take The Time, Metropolis pt.1 and The Dance Of Eternity.
    If you want to listen to good Radiohead songs, buy The Bends and OK Computer.
    And Incubus..Buy Enjoy Incubus or S.C.I.E.N.C.E.
  11. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You didn't list the bands. OOOOHHHH! You meant the PRECEDING bands. Never mind.
  12. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I did a search to find out my join date, and found this thread. I would just like to point out, that Munji totally burned me on this one.